Belgium: Daycare rampage with a knife: MERGED

This is a discussion on Belgium: Daycare rampage with a knife: MERGED within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In Belgium, a man goes on a rampage in a day care killing 3 wounding 10. What do we need to ban to keep this ...

Thread: Belgium: Daycare rampage with a knife: MERGED

Belgium: Daycare rampage with a knife: MERGED

In Belgium, a man goes on a rampage in a day care killing 3 wounding 10. What do we need to ban to keep this from ever happening again?

3 dead, 10 wounded in Belgium day care stabbings - Yahoo! News

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dldeuce View Post
    In Belgium, a man goes on a rampage in a day care killing 3 wounding 10. What do we need to ban to keep this from ever happening again?
    Honor among thieves (and murderers and ...). Short of that, in all reality, nothing will stop such things. Though, we all know what raises the chance of surviving such things.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Another Spree

FOXNews.com - 2 Kids, 1 Adult Killed in Stabbing Spree at Belgium Day Care - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

We need stiffer knife control!

Thanks for moving this post, I had two tabs open and put it in the wrong place and missed this one!

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Clearly

Quote Originally Posted by dldeuce View Post
    What do we need to ban to keep this from ever happening again?
    I'm thinking day care centers; if there were no day care centers then we would take away the nut case's means to kill people in a day care.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Terrible. Just further proof that no matter how much you restrict weapons, the nut jobs will always find an alternative and your best choice is to have a more effective weapon than they have.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

You can have one per home occupant for cutting of food. If you want one for arts and crafts you must pass a 100 question written exam, a practical test, and a background check. A knife will be defined as any impliment with a sharpened edge longer than one inch (to include anything other than blunt nosed school scissors)

Don't forget a psychological test for anybody wanting a second knife for the home. They said the BG had a history of psychological problems.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

What's ironic about this is that a law went in effect in Belgium in 2006. It was an "emergency" reaction to a triple shooting in Antwerp. A man bought a 30-30 rifle at a gun shop and then minutes later shot a nanny, a toddler, and another woman on the street.

Now all guns of any type must be registered. You have to ask for authorization to keep any existing gun. If not authorized, the gun must be sold, destroyed or surrendered. Only hunters and licensed shooters can keep guns and only those guns corresponding to that activity. Any authorized firearms have to be re-authorized I think every three years, plus it will take 'til 2009 to process all applications received in the first year alone. All firearms not authorized are banned.

And of course it's not working. I read that in 2007 only 70,000 weapons were destroyed. About 80,000 were registered out of an estimated 1.5 - 2 million guns in circulation. Strangely, I found no mention of how the gun control laws were expected to prevent rampages with a knife.

Now if a day care worker was carrying i think this would of ended differently.

"(It's) something you hear about from America, not here," said bake shop owner Bie Hoornaert.
    Ok

Links