No charges for LA man who killed armed assailant

This is a discussion on No charges for LA man who killed armed assailant within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingn...nclick_check=1 No charges for LA man who killed armed assailant The Associated Press Posted: 01/22/2009 06:04:57 PM PST LOS ANGELES—Prosecutors will not charge a Los ...

Thread: No charges for LA man who killed armed assailant

VIP Member

Thumbs up No charges for LA man who killed armed assailant

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingn...nclick_check=1

The Associated Press
    Posted: 01/22/2009 06:04:57 PM PST

LOS ANGELES—Prosecutors will not charge a Los Angeles man who was arrested for allegedly killing a man who was stabbing his girlfriend and her mother.
    Prosecutors said Thursday that 29-year-old Diedree Edwards fired a handgun in self-defense and to save the women.

Police say Edwards heard screams on Tuesday from the parking lot of an apartment complex in southwest Los Angeles and found Rhett Wilkins attacking the women with a knife.

Deputy District Attorney David R. Lopez says Edwards grabbed the gun from the older woman's closet and fired three times at Wilkins.

Edwards then fled to a nearby apartment as police arrived and barricaded himself for several hours. He surrendered after police threw tear gas canisters through his window.

Lopez says Edwards had been staying with the women because they had been threatened by Wilkins, the older woman's former boyfriend.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Good grief, he would never have been charged if he had stayed put!

I don't know if it's public perception that the whole state is anti-gun or what but I have seen more people do this kind of crap here. You aren't likely to be convicted or even arrested in a cut and dried self-defense case here UNLESS you do something stupid - like the 23 year old convicted felon who disposed of the body after he shot a home invader, charges were eventually dropped, but he had a bad time of it for a while.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Wow People are scared of the police even after they save someone
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sponsored Links