Toddler held at gunpoint during home invasion

This is a discussion on Toddler held at gunpoint during home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Toddler held at gunpoint during west Mobile home invasion robbery - al.com Toddler held at gunpoint during west Mobile home invasion robbery Friday, January 23, ...

Thread: Toddler held at gunpoint during home invasion

VIP Member

Thumbs down Toddler held at gunpoint during home invasion

Toddler held at gunpoint during west Mobile home invasion robbery - al.com

Toddler held at gunpoint during west Mobile home invasion robbery

Friday, January 23, 2009
    By ROBERT McCLENDON Staff Reporter

Two masked men forced their way into a west Mobile home Wednesday night, robbing a mother and her 2-year-old daughter at gunpoint, according to authorities and a family member of the victims.

The mother was confronted by two men in ski masks when she answered a knock on the door of her Wakefield Place Court home about

9 p.m., police said in a news release.

Once in the house, they demanded to know "where the money was," according to the release. Then one of the men held the little girl at gunpoint while the other gunman searched the house, police said.

A short time later, the men fled on foot.

After police arrived, they found some of the stolen items in a wooded area not far from the home, police said. The neighborhood of mostly expansive homes made of brick and stucco is off Airport Boulevard just west of Snow Road.

One of the robbers was described as a thin black man with light skin and about 5 feet 10 inches tall. The other man, also black, was heavyset and shorter at about 5 feet 7 inches tall. Both were dressed in black.

A man who identified himself as a family member of the victim, but who declined to give his name, was changing the locks on the front door of the house Thursday afternoon.

"They took the car keys," he said.

No car was stolen, the man said, but the two men did take other valuables, including jewelry, video game systems and a pair of glasses.

"It wasn't random, it was targeted," he said. "It had to be. They wouldn't have tried some random (stuff) like that with a police (officer) living next door."

A woman next door confirmed that the house belonged to an officer, though he wasn't home and she said she didn't know anything about the robbery.

Cpl. Charles Bagsby, a police spokesman, said that the victims did not know their assailants. Victims of home invasions fitting the description of Wednesday's robbery are rarely chosen at random, he said, but investigators at this point don't have any evidence to suggest that the mother and her child were specifically targeted.

Anyone with information is asked to call 251-208-7211.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Using a child as a hostage just plain sucks. Scum like this need to be dealt with swiftly and without mercy.

Administrator
    "It wasn't random, it was targeted," he said. "It had to be. They wouldn't have tried some random (stuff) like that with a police (officer) living next door."
    That doesnt make sense... it makes me just the opposite, if it means anything at all.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I don't know; if I were a crook, I'd probably hit a house right next to a cop's house, even if his patrol car was there (in Florida, most LEOs get to take their car home with them) in the driveway.

Why? If I were a sheeple, I'd feel a false sense of security and would probably have my guard down more than the usual sheeple.

Sad to hear, and I agree that this type of scum needs to be dealt with swiftly and without mercy. When confronting an imminent brutal threat, you must return brutality.

It doesn't get much lower than holding a kind at gunpoint.

One part that does make me scratch my head though

...including jewelry, video game systems and a pair of glasses
    Unless they were sunglasses that just seems a bit strange.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

Seems strange to me that they asked where the money was,almost like they expected there to be a large sum of money,I don't know a whole lot of single women with 2 year olds that have a lot of disposable cash
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Story should read something like this!!

Toddler safe after Mother defended herself from 2 gunpoint during west Mobile home invasion robbery

Friday, January 23, 2009
    By ROBERT McCLENDON Staff Reporter

Two masked men tried to force their way into a west Mobile home Wednesday night, with the idea of robbing a mother and her 2-year-old daughter at gunpoint, according to authorities and a family member of the victims.

The mother was confronted by two men in ski masks when she answered a knock on the door of her Wakefield Place Court home about. But since the door had it safety chain attached she was able to retreive her licensed firearm to defend herself and 2 year ago daughter

9 p.m., police said in a news release.

After kicking in the door and entering into the house, they demanded to know "where the money was," according to the release. Then one of the men received two shot COM and dropped like a lead weight. The other while attempting to get a hold the little girl the mother fired 1 head shot into the other assisant, killing him instantly police said.

A short time later, the medical examiner pronounced them dead.

After police arrived, they found somebody elses stolen items in a wooded area not far from the home, police said. The neighborhood of mostly expansive homes made of brick and stucco is off Airport Boulevard just west of Snow Road.

One of the robbers was described as a thin black man with light skin and about 5 feet 10 inches tall. The other man, also black, was heavyset and shorter at about 5 feet 7 inches tall. Both were dressed in black. Both men have been thru the system way to many times and too many convictions to count. They were very bad guys. They have raped and killed before.

A man who identified himself as a family member of the victim, but who declined to give his name, was adding additional locks on the front door of the house Thursday afternoon.

"They took on the wrong person this time," he said.

Nothing was stolen, and the mother and daughter were not hurt, raped, or killed the man said, but the two men did take other valuables, including jewelry, video game systems and a pair of glasses from a neighbors home.

A woman next door confirmed that the house belonged to an officer, though he wasn't home and she said she didn't know anything about the robbery.

Cpl. Charles Bagsby, a police spokesman, No charges will be filed.He wwnt onto say that the victims did not know their assailants. Victims of home invasions fitting the description of Wednesday's robbery are rarely chosen at random, he said, but investigators at this point don't have any evidence to suggest that the mother and her child were specifically targeted.

Anyone with information is asked to call 251-208-7211.

/\ ...that makes a lot more sense. Glad the bad guys got justice.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

I like the read of the second story much better
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

Links