Richardson Found Guilty

This is a discussion on Richardson Found Guilty within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Richardson Found Guilty in 2006 Shooting - News- msnbc.com Richardson Found Guilty in 2006 Shooting updated 9:20 a.m. ET, Fri., Jan. 23, 2009 A Marion ...

Thread: Richardson Found Guilty

VIP Member

Richardson Found Guilty

Richardson Found Guilty in 2006 Shooting - News- msnbc.com

Richardson Found Guilty in 2006 Shooting
    updated 9:20 a.m. ET, Fri., Jan. 23, 2009
    A Marion County jury has returned a guilty verdict in the trial of a man accused of a shooting. It convicted Saladine Richardson of malicious assault.

All evidence in the shooting trial was heard before lunch on Thursday and around 2:30 p.m. the jury began deliberating. It took just 30 minutes for the jury to find Richardson guilty as charged.

The state presented evidence and testimony that Richardson shot Houstin Lee in the face and kept shooting as he tried to get away. The state made the claim that Richardson shot at Lee after being told to leave a friend's home. The called several eye witnesses including the victim himself to testify.

The defense only called one witness during the trial. It argued there was no weapon in evidence and no gun shot residue on Richardson.

Richardson is already serving time for other charges including unlawful assault, and forgery and uttering.

"To the extend someone may have had multiple convictions or charges, it's possible to have recidivist proceeding filed against them, instituted by the state. That's what will happen in this case," said Marion County Prosecuting Attorney Patrick Wilson.

The recidivist hearing could impact his sentencing. Right now, Richardson faces two to 10 years for malicious assault. Another court date will be set for sentencing.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Just throw away the key and let him rot in jail!

Links