Postal service employee rob on job

This is a discussion on Postal service employee rob on job within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Authorities seek IDs of robbers in Channelview case | Top stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle Authorities seek IDs of robbers in Channelview case Copyright ...

Thread: Postal service employee rob on job

VIP Member

Authorities seek IDs of robbers in Channelview case | Top stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Authorities seek IDs of robbers in Channelview case

Copyright 2009 HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Jan. 23, 2009, 5:09PM

Police are asking the publicís assistance to identify two men who robbed a postal service employee in Channelview, making off with money and mail.

About 6:50 p.m. Jan. 16, two men approached a USPS employee who was finishing his shift and locking up his truck behind the office at 531 Sheldon Road.

One man pointed a gun at the postal worker and then bound him with duct tape. The men then took an undetermined amount of money and mail.

The suspects are both described as being in their late 20s. The armed suspect was heavy set, about 6 feet tall and approximately 230 pounds. He wore a black Astros sweatshirt with a hood during the robbery.

Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-8477 tips hotline or submitted online at Crime Stoppers of Houston - Home that leads to the identification, arrest and charging of a suspect in this case.

All tipsters remain anonymous.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    When caught, these goofs will discover that there are lots of penalty enhancements for going after the postal folks.

VIP Member
    Well hopefully when they catch them the Fed's will step in and file wrongful imprisonment as well as kidnapping charges against them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    When caught, these goofs will discover that there are lots of penalty enhancements for going after the postal folks.
    Amen to that. I was a unit postal officer in the Army as an additional duty, and it is NOT a good idea to mess with the Eagle's mail.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Sponsored Links