Dorm is site of armed robbery

This is a discussion on Dorm is site of armed robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; EMU dorm is site of armed robbery | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press EMU dorm is site of armed robbery By NICK MEYER • FREE ...

Thread: Dorm is site of armed robbery

VIP Member

Thumbs down Dorm is site of armed robbery

EMU dorm is site of armed robbery | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

EMU dorm is site of armed robbery
    By NICK MEYER • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • January 23, 2009

Three men brandishing a gun robbed a student and his guests as they sat in the lobby of an Eastern Michigan University dorm early today.

The EMU student and his three male guests were sitting in the lobby of Sellers Hall in Ypsilanti at about 2:30 a.m. today when three men entered the complex’s lounge area. One of the men pulled a gun and demanded an undisclosed amount of money as well as jewelry from the four victims before fleeing, EMU Department of Public Safety Lt. Bob Hayes said.

One of the robbers was described as six feet tall with braids and a black hooded sweatshirt. The other was also about six feet tall, wearing a black cap, Hayes said.

The robbery was the first on campus this year at EMU, compared to four robberies last year.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wow, lucky EMU, only 4 robberies last year. I guess the school thinks that is an acceptable number.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Wow, lucky EMU, only 4 robberies last year. I guess the school thinks that is an acceptable number.
    As a college professor, I can tell you that universities HATE bad publicity and always try to pretend everything is just fine. They also hate and are afraid of lawsuits. Maybe that is the approach we should take to wake them up. Unfortunately they will never believe that guns in the hands of good people is the answer, that just goes against their "religion".
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    As a college professor, I can tell you that universities HATE bad publicity and always try to pretend everything is just fine. They also hate and are afraid of lawsuits. Maybe that is the approach we should take to wake them up. Unfortunately they will never believe that guns in the hands of good people is the answer, that just goes against their "religion".
    This attitude is deeply embedded in public K-12 education as well.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

I graduated from EMU, Ypsilanti is a crappy area, almost as bad as Detroit
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Links