Bad: Great Fodder for AWB (Merged)

This is a discussion on Bad: Great Fodder for AWB (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Speaks for itself. Idiot with scary black rifle. Seven gunned down with AK-47 in Miami, two dead Police seek information on Miami shootings - CNN.com ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Speaks for itself. Idiot with scary black rifle.

Seven gunned down with AK-47 in Miami, two dead

Police seek information on Miami shootings - CNN.com

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Miami police issued a plea for information Saturday after at least one person with an assault rifle opened fire on a crowd of people on a streetcorner Friday night, killing two teens and wounding seven other people.
    Miami police cordon off the area where a crowd of people was fired upon Friday night.

Miami police cordon off the area where a crowd of people was fired upon Friday night.

"We need the community to come together, someone come forward and give us a tip," Miami Police Officer Kenia Alfonso told CNN.

"There are a lot of people in that area. Someone must have seen something, someone must know who could've done this horrific crime."

Alfonso said two teens, ages 16 and 18, died in the attack, which occurred in front of a grocery store about 9:50 p.m. Friday in the city's Liberty City neighborhood.

Six of the nine shot were current or former Northwestern Senior High School students, Alfonso said.

"It was like a war zone," resident Joan Rutherford told CNN affiliate WSVN. "I witnessed this guy laying there with his face, looked like it was completely tore off. His eyes was all I could see, and he had a grip on some money and gasping and trying to lift his head up to say something."

Police Chief John Timoney said that at least one man with an AK-47 "discharged numerous rounds, then ran around the corner. There were some more rounds discharged there from an AK-47 and another weapon."

One of those wounded was in critical condition Saturday and undergoing surgery, Timoney said.

"We are convinced that because of the amount of people out here last night that there is somebody that knows the individuals or individual involved, and we need them to come forward," Timoney said, according to WSVN.

"These are weapons of war, and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America," Mayor Manuel Diaz said.

Miami police spokeswoman Kenia Alfonso said Friday night that police did not know the motive for the shooting and had no suspects.
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I don't get the "scary black rifle" comment. I can guarantee it was scary to the folks that faced it! Regardless...only a matter of time. Politics as they maybe, the politicians will not shed a tear (i.e., fear a loss of votes) with an AWB.

Rick

Sounds like this will be gang or drug related doesn't it?

This plays right into the Obama platform and their newly posted Urban policy. This will be the perfect opportunity to blame the weapon and not the criminal. This couldn't be any more tailor made for the Obama agenda unless they had paid some punk to do it. If they had been run over with a car would they be wanting to ban cars?
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Probably

Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post
    Sounds like this will be gang or drug related doesn't it?

Yes, I agree, doubt it was random.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Bandit383,

I was making fun of people who believe that pistol grips, flash suppressors, and collapsible stocks have any impact on the lethality of a firearm.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    Bandit383,

I was making fun of people who believe that pistol grips, flash suppressors, and collapsible stocks have any impact on the lethality of a firearm.

Ryan
    I agree, just how effective would a bayonette be on a drive by shooting?

I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

I could do more damage with a bolt action scoped rifle
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Agreed.
    And just in .22LR at that with a totality of kit purchased from and bore sighted by Dick's.

I winder was this really an AK47 or an SKS or WASR or some other such look alike.
    Also I wonder was this semi-auto fire or fully auto (NFA!).

Not that any of this would matter much to those at ground zero as they were under fire.
    Nor would these important items of fact clearance matter to the media or they even be aware to discern the difference.

Agreed with others, an AWB II is an inevitability...to my mind.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Yes! I hope police can zero in and arrest this "AK-47" (oh really? That's interesting that the shooter managed to get a real AK-47, hmm /sarcasm) because these types of weapons don't belong on the streets. Just look at how many people it killed. Yup, just jumped out of a closet one day, and went down to the grocery store, pointed itself, and pulled its own trigger. We definitely need to get them off the streets!

Anyway, Mayor Diaz is an idiot. Maybe he should be asking why there are people in his city who feel they can start killing people.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Roger that.

Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    I agree, just how effective would a bayonette be on a drive by shooting?

Yeah, but can you show me any news reports of drive by bayonettings while the AWB was in effect? See, the ban worked!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

No suspect, no recovered weapon, how exactly do they know it was an AK?

I seem to remember that 1 if not both of the Mall shootings in the last couple of years were initially reported to be AKs but turned out otherwise some days later.

Let the fear mongering begin!

OK after further thought, they may have recovered shell casings (not reported) and deduced that the only weapon that fires that particular shell casing is an AK.

Still does not justify making statements like that without absolute proof and evidence.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Agreed.

I winder was this really an AK47 or an SKS or WASR or some other such look alike.
    Also I wonder was this semi-auto fire or fully auto (NFA!).

Nor would these important items of fact clearance matter to the media or they even be aware to discern the difference.

Agreed with others, an AWB II is an inevitability...to my mind.

- Janq
    Not sure if it was a full auto or not. But with only 2 dead in a crowd, I doubt it was. But what do facts matter to appointed police chiefs? I think it was him that said 29% of Miami homicides in 2008 were committed using 'assault weapons'. What a 'crock'.
    What's he calling an assault weapon? He might as well say that 100% of murders are committed using an 'assault weapon' since any murder is by definition an 'assault'. And the media wouldn't question it either.
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Sounds like incompetance to me.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    AWB will be pushed by the VP...and I suspect one will see it soon.

Rick

VIP Member
    Police Chief John Timoney added, "the amount of AK-47's in this region is out of control."
    Problem is the amount of crimes committed by AK 47s in the Miami Dade County area are so few that are almost statistically irrelevant. Chief John "I got an SUV for free" Timoney is a fervent anti gunner and Mayor Diaz IRRC belongs to Bloomberg's Mayor Coalition against Guns.

Besides, it is easier to blame the gun than to point out the fact that Liberty City is taken over by Gangs and Drug Dealers and there is nothing they can do about it because they are afraid to be called racist and being accused of Racial Profiling and God knows how many other PC Crimes
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links