Residents Stripped Naked & Bound in Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Residents Stripped Naked & Bound in Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Residents Stripped Naked & Bound in Home Invasion | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News Residents Stripped Naked & Bound in Home Invasion Reported by: Aubrey Mika ...

VIP Member

Thumbs down Residents Stripped Naked & Bound in Home Invasion

Residents Stripped Naked & Bound in Home Invasion | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
    Reported by: Aubrey Mika Chancellor
    Email: AubreyMikaChancellor@woaitv.com
    Last Update: 4:39 am

SAN ANTONIO - Robbers broke into a home on Medical Center Drive on the Northwest Side and terrorized the people inside. News 4 WOAI talked to the one of the victims who was there inside.
    That man doesn’t want to reveal his name, but he does tell us, the three armed robbers broke in through the kitchen window. They woke everyone up and made them strip down, and then duct taped them together. One of the victims was able to get away and flag down a stranger for help.

The robbers got away with hundreds of dollars. The victims tell News4 WOAI that they think the robbers were targeting the wrong apartment, because they kept asking for drugs.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Had he been armed he could have sentenced them to time (in the ground) on the spot. Home invasions seem to be on the rise and with the economy on the down slide will continue to get worse.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

lots of bad ones today...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Who keeps hundreds of dollars in the house,I might have a hundred in cash at the most but usually only around 20,maybe they were drug dealers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    lots of bad ones today...
    Yep, and getting worse, grim out look for the future
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Who keeps hundreds of dollars in the house,I might have a hundred in cash at the most but usually only around 20,maybe they were drug dealers
    There are an awful lot of people out there who have thousands of dollars in cash on hand because they are afraid of banks collapsing. I know a few (why not put the money in a Credit Union, the NCUA has never needed to be bailed out like the FDIC -twice). I'd rather buy bullets and cigarettes if I thought banks were likely to collapse because the biggest danger is inflation).

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Had he been armed he could have sentenced them to time (in the ground) on the spot. Home invasions seem to be on the rise and with the economy on the down slide will continue to get worse.

How right you are!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    There are an awful lot of people out there who have thousands of dollars in cash on hand because they are afraid of banks collapsing. I know a few (why not put the money in a Credit Union, the NCUA has never needed to be bailed out like the FDIC -twice). I'd rather buy bullets and cigarettes if I thought banks were likely to collapse because the biggest danger is inflation).

Ryan
    That probably won't help much, since our paper currency will be worth about as much as toilet paper if the banks actually do collapse on a large scale.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Bullets, cigarettes and toilet paper.. for barter

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Lots of us keep cash on hand. I used to have to drive a fair distance to work. If you have trouble on a remote highway cash can be the only thing thats accepted. Why would you think i'm a drug dealer?

Michael

Younger people have trouble remembering a time when ATM cards could be used like credit cards. Heck, I remember when almost no one used ATM's. Checks, credit cards and checks never really caught on with some segments of society and there are still plenty of cash only businesses.

I would rather use cash when I go to a gun show, it keeps me under budget: when I run out of cash, I'm done. Of course, now they have ATM's at the gun shows....

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Links