Domino's Pizza driver = easy target

This is a discussion on Domino's Pizza driver = easy target within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When are pizza companies going to wake up and allow the pizza delivery driver to defend themselves? Police say pizza man is robbed, assaulted - ...

Thread: Domino's Pizza driver = easy target

VIP Member

Thumbs down Domino's Pizza driver = easy target

When are pizza companies going to wake up and allow the pizza delivery driver to defend themselves?

Police say pizza man is robbed, assaulted - Roanoke.com

Police say pizza man is robbed, assaulted

A pizza delivery driver was robbed at knifepoint and assaulted Saturday night in Northwest Roanoke, according to police.

Police spokeswoman Aisha Johnson said officers responded about 11:45 p.m. after a Domino's Pizza driver called to report he had been attacked in the 800 block of Staunton Avenue. The driver told police he was making a delivery when he was approached by three males, one of whom brandished a knife and demanded money.

Johnson said the suspects took the driver's pizza and money and assaulted him, but he was not stabbed. Details of his condition were not available Monday night.

Police have described the suspect with the knife as a black male about 6 feet 5 inches tall and about 180 pounds. He was said to be wearing a ski mask and a white sweater with an eagle emblem on the front.

The other two suspects were described by police as about 6 feet tall and weighing 180 pounds.

An estimate about the suspects' ages was not available Monday.

No arrests have been made.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the Roanoke Police Department at 853-5959 or Crime Line at 344-8500.

-- Neil Harvey
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Screw company policy if I delivered pizzas I would CC with a permit the worse they could do is fire me for defending myself
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Is there some no CCW policy for pizza delivery drivers? Who says they cannot carry?

I don't care how bad the economy is, I would have my CCW ready if I was delivering anything anywhere. I would rather risk my job than my life. If the law says I can carry, no stupid company policy for my $7.00 per hour job would mandate me on that policy.

VIP Member

Sheep on display

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Is there some no CCW policy for pizza delivery drivers? Who says they cannot carry?

I don't care how bad the economy is, I would have my CCW ready if I was delivering anything anywhere. I would rather risk my job than my life. If the law says I can carry, no stupid company policy for my $7.00 per hour job would mandate me on that policy.
    I agree.

However, it is company policy for nearly all national chain pizza delivery drivers.

This whole business is ish.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links