Cooperate -- duh

This is a discussion on Cooperate -- duh within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Cooperate. No amount of cash or property is worth getting hurt over. " As though that will help, in most casses. As this Forum sub ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooperate -- duh

VIP Member

Thumbs down Cooperate -- duh

"Cooperate. No amount of cash or property is worth getting hurt over. " As though that will help, in most casses.

As this Forum sub title says "Armed citizens have a fighting chance against criminals; those without are at their mercy."

Where is the advise to assume responsablity for yourself, to arm yourself, to get training, to pratice; to have a plan; to defend yourself; etc ????

WHNT, Huntsville AL News, Weather, Radar -Huntsville Police Offer Home Invasion Safety & PreventionTips

Huntsville Police Offer Home Invasion Safety & PreventionTips

January 27, 2009

Huntsville Police are trying to get the word out about home invasions. Police say they've seen several cases of break-ins recently. And, while there's no link to those cases, they hope educating the public about how to prevent them will reduce crime in neighborhoods throughout the city. Huntsville Police Sergeant Mark Roberts said, "Each individual case is its own. And we're just hoping that we can get people to be more aware of what's happening, and also to limit the amount of opportunities for these kinds of invasions."

The Huntsville Police Department offers the following tips that might help to protect your and your family from becoming a home invasion robbery victim.

Prevention Tips

>Make sure that the exterior of your home is well lit, and that there are not any large trees or brush that block the view of your front door from the street.

>Make sure that all exterior doors and windows are locked and secure.

>If there is a door that leads from your garage directly into the house, make sure that it is locked and secured.

>If you have a burglar alarm, be sure that you have it armed.

>Do not keep large amounts of cash in your home .

In addition, the Huntsville Police Department is offering tips that could help you in the event you become a victim of a home invasion robbery.

Safety Tips During a Home Invasion

>Stay calm.

>Cooperate. No amount of cash or property is worth getting hurt over.

>Look carefully at the intruders, even if they are masked. Is there something unique about them such as scars, tattoos, eye color, accents, large or small facial features such as nose or ears?

>Pay attention to what the intruders are wearing, what color is their clothing and any distinguishing writing or brands on shirts, hats, or shoes.

>Listen to everything they say, and how they say it.

>Remember any distinguishing odors such as tobacco, alcohol, or aftershave.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

>Stay calm.

>Look carefully at the intruders, even if they are masked. Is there something unique about them such as scars, tattoos, eye color, accents, large or small facial features such as nose or ears?

>Pay attention to what the intruders are wearing, what color is their clothing and any distinguishing writing or brands on shirts, hats, or shoes.

>At the first opportunity, draw your firearm and shoot until the threat is over.
    I added the one they forgot.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

+1 to Hoss
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Look carefully at intruders...
    -1 They forgot the caveat that if the person is yelling at them not to look at them, then trying to do so, however discreetly, will be a potentially fatal mistake.

Not all bad guys are so stupid that they won't realize they are being sized up for identifying features. If they figure it out, they won't be happy about it.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    -1 They forgot the caveat that if the person is yelling at them not to look at them, then trying to do so, however discreetly, will be a potentially fatal mistake.

Not all bad guys are so stupid that they won't realize they are being sized up for identifying features. If they figure it out, they won't be happy about it.

Ryan
    You nailed what I was thinking when I read that. That is just asking the BG to shoot you.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

cvhoss for Sheriff! I like his plan best.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    cooperating will only invite death or physical violence. why not take the fight to them? waiting for the BG to assault you is silly. Give it to them first! I'd rather die with an empty gun and broken hands from fighting than with a boot to my throat and tied up.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

It's unfortunate that the police are training people to be good sheep.

>Stay calm.

All reasons why they are as likely to kill and eliminate potential witnesses, as they are to walk out and leave you alive.

The police either aren't paying attention to what has been going on recently, or they are just parroting what they were taught years ago, and hoping against hope that it might still work...occasionally.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar

>Stay calm. If you loose your cool, your aim will be off.

>Force them to cooperate. No amount of cash or property is worth getting hurt over, but it is worth hurting the other guy.

>Look carefully at the intruders, even if they are masked. Make sure they are no longer moving or armed.

>Listen to everything they say, and how they say it. More proof that your shooting was justified.

-Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I have a friend on HPD-we were mp's together-I know he didn't write that-Him and I would agree with cvhoss!

I should add this to the humor section, this is what they expect us to do in New Zealand

1) Try to avoid any contact with the intruder.

2) Telephone the Police on 111 at the earliest opportunity that it is safe to do so.

3) A quick decision must be made to either secure yourself (children) in a safe room, or to escape from the home.

4) If you decide to secure yourself in a safe room, telephone your neighbours as well as the Police.

5) If you do encounter the intruder, try and move out of the way.

6) Call out to somebody else in the house to telephone the Police, even if you are alone.

7) You can attract attention by breaking windows and shouting loudly things like "Go away", "Get out of my home", "Somebody call the Police".

8) If you cannot avoid the intruder and shouting and making a noise has no effect, an alternative is to make yourself calm, then in a firm manner tell the intruder to leave. Being assertive is an important self defence technique.

9) Display a confident manner, hold your head up, pull your shoulders back, stand tall.

10)Be prepared to physically defend yourself. The most vulnerable parts of an attacker's body are the eyes, nose and genital area.

11) You are allowed to use force against your attacker when defending yourself, but be aware that if you use something as a weapon in self defence, it could be turned against you.

12) You can find out about self defence classes in your area.

13) During an emergency activate any available, fitted, remote or personal alarm system when it is practicable and safe to do so.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

yeah, make sure you memorize all the clothing and other distinguishing marks - that way you can identify him in the line-up, the hospital emergency room or the morgue. Along with the hole the .40 left.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

7) You can attract attention by breaking windows and shouting loudly things like "Go away", "Get out of my home", "Somebody call the Police"

Please tell me this is a joke?

Michael

Don't forget to offer bags for the items taken to better assist your intruder in making a more timely exit. Offering to carry and load the get away vehicle is considered good etiquette and often appreciated by home invaders.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links