Typical; Good or bad.

This is a discussion on Typical; Good or bad. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "The way they're blasting him is ridiculous," Kimberly Davis, James Seay's sister. "If you were dressed undercover - they are not in uniform - and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Typical; Good or bad.

"The way they're blasting him is ridiculous," Kimberly Davis, James Seay's sister. "If you were dressed undercover - they are not in uniform - and you grab my arm, I'm going to defend myself, too."
    A felon is caught in the act of committing armed robbery and is thereby justified in committing attempted murder against the police who are trying to take him down?

Uh ... no.

Whomever is teaching these idiot, amoral children is destroying society. Siblings, friends, parents, priests ... they all come to the rescue of the poor, downtrodden children who have no choice but to defend themselves. Each has a hand in the destruction. What a waste.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    This happened 1 block from the post office I went to just the other night...

And this story happened about 1 1/2 miles from my home... definitely walking distance.

Damn right I carry... and special thanks to all of the above dirtbags... my hunnee was watching the news and asked me again about the CC class... I think there may be a new S&W revolver about to join the family...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

OMG, he would NEVER do something like that... Well guess WHAT, he just did. He committed armed robbery and than proceeded to shoot a police officer, 4 hits and multiple shots... Throw the little punk in front a firing squad and call it a day. Save the tax payers some money.

They never are "raised that way".

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NKMG19 View Post
    This is the kind of crap that teach kids that no matter what they do it's always someone's else's fault..
    As I have posted on another thread some time ago, I know a young man doing serious time now as a young adult, because his family and the juvenile authorities taught him he could always skate and the "rules" were just for suckers.

He better get use to a jail cell.

If not now, it will happen later -- most likely after someone else is hurt or killed.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Flanagan said his client was sorry for what had happened.

"The remorse is definitely there," Flanagan said.
    He's sorry he got caught and will now go to prison for a very long time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Am I the only one thinking that, had the officers gone in with guns ablazin', the family would have been screaming "Why did they have to gun down my boy, he was innocent, just with the wrong crowd, never got into trouble, and WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST WAIT UNTIL THE BOYS CAME OUT TO ARREST THEM??"

Pardon me if this sounds just a little callous, but why do we tolerate stupid PC bulloney comments like this in the press? Why doesn't someone, just once, stand up and say "Ya know, the kid had just robbed a store, admitted to being commanded to stop, and had an unauthorized firearm on his person. If his entire ex-con family wants to complain, they might want to be sure they don't still have any outstanding warrants out before we start running them too..."

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Unfortunately enough people have been trained to think that political correctness is, well, correct. Just like the thought process that "it's not my fault, someone else is to blame" is accepted with barely a twitch. I'm not sure whats to blame, or if there is any one thing to blame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness
    Last edited by lacrosse50; February 2nd, 2009 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added PC wiki page link
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

I'd only have one thing to say to the family: Did he or did not shoot a cop after comitting armed robbery?? Yes?? Then sit down and shut up. End of story.

The fact that the family's comments were reported in the manner that they were is another problem.

mkh
    The problem is really twofold:

1. You are not responsible for your actions. Its really someone else's fault (like society's fault)

2. Truth is relative. There is no absolute truth or right or wrong. What is true/right for you is all that matters.

Until people stop buying into these lies we will keep having problems like this.

jfl
    I hate dirbags, dirtbag families and dirtbag reverends. This is the kind of crap that teach kids that no matter what they do it's always someone's else's fault. He better get use to a jail cell.
    Quote Originally Posted by AresXD40 View Post
    OMG, he would NEVER do something like that... Well guess WHAT, he just did. He committed armed robbery and than proceeded to shoot a police officer, 4 hits and multiple shots... Throw the little punk in front a firing squad and call it a day. Save the tax payers some money.

My thoughts exactly on both counts !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links