Good: 2 Police involved shootings in one day

This is a discussion on Good: 2 Police involved shootings in one day within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Two cases of "dumb criminals" - car jacker (female) attempts to retrieve a toy gun after a police chase that ends in an accident. - ...

Thread: Good: 2 Police involved shootings in one day

Two cases of "dumb criminals"

- car jacker (female) attempts to retrieve a toy gun after a police chase that ends in an accident.

- two undercover cops get robbed at gun point as they wait in a car to do a drug buy. The robber actually shoots first into the car but luckily misses. Some other news outlets in the area paid a bit too much attention to a neighbor complaining about the shooting killing a father of a little girl. I am sure he would have contributed heavily in her upbringing.

Both shootings look very justified and luckily nobody but the criminal got hurt.

2 suspects killed in separate Jacksonville police shootings | Jacksonville.com
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

A little cleaning of the gene pool I'd say.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

mkh
    One thing I can say about JSO - they won't hesitate to shoot.

I spent 6 years as a reserve officer with them back in the late 70s and knew the dad of one of the officers involved. I have great respect for those guys.

I just wish they didn't encrypt their radio traffic. Luckily St. Johns county doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    A little cleaning of the gene pool I'd say.
    I started to post that you can't fix stupid, but it seems like JSO has found a way to at least keep it from propagating its DNA in these 2 lines.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Did anyone catch the news media idiot in the provided link/video? She was asking the cop "how many shots" the police fired at the robber who tried to rob 2 undercover cops; the robber had fired once into their car, and they then returned fire (both of them) with "several" shots each.

It seemed to me the news media ***** was trying to imply that the officers used excessive force.

I say, they shot to stop the threat -- and did so, magnificently.
    Oh, the poor perp died? His line of "work" is dangerous, did he not know that?
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    It seemed to me the news media ***** was trying to imply that the officers used excessive force.

I say, they shot to stop the threat -- and did so, magnificently.
    Oh, the poor perp died? His line of "work" is dangerous, did he not know that?
    Around here, most news coverage is not anti-gun, but still clue-less. They just don't get that you do not retaliate shot by shot (each party gets to shoot once.. then reload and shoot again?? ).

So far, the public has been at large supportive of the officers. Last year we had something like 30 police involved shootings. One has been "questionable" in the aftermath, but not in a way that would implicate the officer. I will post that as a new thread as it is somewhat relevant.

The worst comment was made on a TV news last night. One of the "friends" of the robber mentioned something about the fact that these shootings threaten their lively hood. "if the economy wouldn't be so messed up, we wouldn't be here doing what we are doing"

the video is posted here:
    Local - FOX30Online.com Jacksonville News Leader
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

How many shots? I fired enough times to stop the threat
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links