7 yr old dies protecting his older sister from rapist

This is a discussion on 7 yr old dies protecting his older sister from rapist within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Don't tell anyone, but it nearly made me tear up. Little Man, Big courage Young hero died protecting sister from rapist A seven-year-old boy who ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 yr old dies protecting his older sister from rapist

Don't tell anyone, but it nearly made me tear up.

Little Man, Big courage

Young hero died protecting sister from rapist
    A seven-year-old boy who died defending his older sister from a rapist has been honoured posthumously. Zhenya Tabakov's mother received the order of courage medal on behalf of her son.

Just over two months ago Galina lost her son and she's still struggling to get over the shock.

Zhenya was brutally murdered by a robber, as the boy was trying to save his 12-year-old sister from being raped.

It all happened in late November, in the small military town of Noginsk-9 - a place where even small crimes are rare.

Around midday, a man rang the bell of the flat where Zhenya and his family lived.

“I asked who it was. The man said he was the postman, and he needed to give us a telegram and get a signature. So I opened the door,” recalls Zhenya’s sister Yana.

The little girl says the man held a knife to her throat, and demanded that her brother bring him all the money he could find. Zhenya did as he was told. But when the man started undressing his sister it was more than the boy could bear.

Zhenya seized a knife from the kitchen and plunged it into the man's back. This didn't kill the attacker, but it was enough to set Zhenya's sister free. She ran for help. But it was too late for her brother - he was stabbed eight times.

Thirty-five-year old Sergey Kiyashko is in custody accused of the murder. Police say they have all the evidence they need to convict him.

The entire population of the little town seemed to show up for the farewell ceremony. The heroic death of seven-year-old Zhenya was something that the federal prosecutor's office could not pass by either. The chief inspector Aleksandr Bystrykin paid tribute to the boy's courage.

“At the prosecutor’s office, we witness many atrocities on a daily basis. But this case has sent many of us into shock. And it's played a part in the drafting of a new law on tougher punishment for those who commit crimes against children,” Bystrykin said.

Receiving the order for her son, Galina was unable to speak.

Nothing can bring Zhenya back to life again, but the little boy's heroism has become the pride of the town - and of his school in particular.

The boy’s photo now occupies the desk where he used to sit. Later on a special plaque will be fixed onto it. And only the best pupils will have the chance and honour of taking that place.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Kudo's to a very brave little boy prayers and comfort for his family in their grief...
    The 6 P's
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

That kid had more guts then many grown men.....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Wow, what courage and in such a small package. Good for him for protecting what is his, even with the ultimate price. Sad that it happened though, senseless and very unnecessary.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member

Zhenya Tabakov
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

And may justice be swift and final. I have no sympathy for BGs in general, but especially for those who prey on children.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Administrator
    Heroes come in all sizes. RIP Brave little man.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by CEW58 View Post
    And may justice be swift and final. I have no sympathy for BGs in general, but especially for those who prey on children.
    + 1 to an infinite power...

Such are the scumbags that I would love to have just five minutes alone with. The state could do whatever it wants with whatever is left after that, and I would go out and have a cold one in quiet celebration, then go home and sleep like a baby.

Wow amazing what love can do,even without any guns present some criminal tried to prey on some innocent victims,If Helmke and the Brady bunch tried to say if they just cooperated nobody would of been killed I don't think I could restrain myself
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I just hope Russian justice is as tough as it used to be!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    A brave comrade - not wishing to be overcute with the term, but he certainly showed that he really WAS one of us.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    That kid had more guts then many grown men.....
    Indeed.

Such a sad story though.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Very sad. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I just hope Russian justice is as tough as it used to be!
    Amen!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

In the Soviet Union if convicted of murder, there was an immediate appeal heard by a panel of Judges within 30 days. If they upheld the conviction, often the convicted was walked out back and a guard would put one bullet thru his head.

That's too easy for this guy.

May the boy RIP, he gained a lot of people's respect, rightfully so. If there were only more like him in the world who would stand up for what's right. It has to be especially difficult for his sister...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links