Another attempted assault by vehicle

This is a discussion on Another attempted assault by vehicle within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; LEO 1; Suspect 0 IMPD: Officer shot man driving SUV at him | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star IMPD: Officer shot man driving SUV at ...

Thread: Another attempted assault by vehicle

VIP Member

Another attempted assault by vehicle

LEO 1; Suspect 0

IMPD: Officer shot man driving SUV at him | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

IMPD: Officer shot man driving SUV at him

A police officer shot a man who tried to run him over with a sport utility vehicle Friday, Indianapolis police reported.

The man, who was the subject of a police investigation, was wounded in the leg, said Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Sgt. Paul Thompson. The man was taken to Wishard Memorial Hospital, where he was reported in stable condition.

His identity and that of the police officer were not released.

Thompson said the officer, who was working undercover, approached the SUV about 8 p.m. after the driver had stopped in the parking lot of a Dollar General store in the 3700 block of High School Road.

As the officer neared the SUV, the driver attempted to run over the officer, Thompson said. The officer fired at least one shot into the vehicle, Thompson said.

The driver headed south on High School Road and, after a short distance, pulled into the parking lot of the nearby Las Palmas apartment complex. One other man in the vehicle was detained, Thompson said.

The stop was related to another investigation that police would not discuss. Thompson confirmed that the injured man was the person police were seeking.

The officer was not injured. He will be placed on administrative duties while the shooting is being investigated, Thompson said.

Call Star reporter Vic Ryckaert at (317) 444-2761.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Links