Four Homicides - Tulsa, OK

This is a discussion on Four Homicides - Tulsa, OK within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Tulsa World: New details of killings emerge The fatal shootings bring the number of homicides in Tulsa this year to nine. Each case was unrelated ...

Thread: Four Homicides - Tulsa, OK

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Tulsa World: New details of killings emerge

The fatal shootings bring the number of homicides in Tulsa this year to nine. Each case was unrelated and not part of any sort of trend, Officer Leland Ashley said.

Two of the four homicides one of which was part of a murder-suicide were motivated by domestic arguments. Another homicide might have happened when a home-invasion robbery was thwarted.

The motive in the remaining case is under investigation.

Here are some details about the four homicides since Friday:

1: About 8:30 p.m. Friday, police were dispatched to a shooting at the Glass House Party Supply liquor store near Apache Street and Cincinnati Avenue. Demetrius Arledge, 36, had been shot in the face and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

Further investigation led police to arrest Roscoe Joseph Dabney IV, 40, on a complaint of first-degree murder.

The motive for the shooting remains under investigation, but police said evidence suggests that Arledge and Dabney knew
    each another.

2: Just after midnight Saturday morning, police were dispatched to a domestic shooting in the 5700 block of South Yukon Avenue.

The investigation revealed that step-brothers James Anthony Knight Jr., 23, and Charles Brian Jackson, 24, had argued at Jackson's residence. Jackson left but later returned and ordered Knight to get out of the house.

The fight continued, and Jackson reportedly fatally shot Knight and wounded another man, who was shot in the shin, before killing himself, Ashley said.

3: About 7 p.m. Saturday, police were dispatched to a mobile home park in the 800 block of North 91st East Place to investigate a report of another shooting.

The investigation revealed that Juan Carlos Perez, 18, had gone to the home of his former girlfriend, where he argued with her current boyfriend, Ashley said.

Perez then reportedly shot the man, whom police found lying on the front steps of the mobile home.

The victim, whose identity had not been confirmed by police Monday, was pronounced dead at the scene.

A witness detained Perez, and police arrested him when they arrived.

In addition to a first-degree murder complaint, Perez is being held for Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials. As a result, his picture is not available.

Federal authorities have directed Tulsa Jail officials to withhold the mug shots of suspects who are being held for Immigration and Customs Enforcement authorities and on federal charges.

4: Just after 1 a.m. Sunday, police were dispatched to a shooting in the 600 block of East 53rd Street North. They found Terrance L. Johnson, 16, dead from multiple gunshot wounds.

Police at the scene said the shooting might have resulted from a botched robbery attempt. On Monday, however, detectives were still investigating what led to the shooting, Ashley said.

Preliminary information indicates that Johnson had gained entry into the home and that a resident of the home saw him with a handgun. The resident retrieved a gun and shot Johnson, Ashley said.

The man who shot Johnson was interviewed by police and released. The case will be forwarded to the District Attorney's Office for a determination on whether charges should be filed.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Tulsa has a huge gang problem. Armed robberies are happening all over the city at an alarming rate. Tulsa county citizens are applying for carry permits at a rate higher than anywhere eles in the state including Oklahoma county. (check out the O.S.B.I. website).

and I thought Tulsa was such a nice place to go..guess I will have to be "extra" alert next time I go there.
    "Brains before Bullets"

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    and I thought Tulsa was such a nice place to go..guess I will have to be "extra" alert next time I go there.
    Theres a CW song in there somewhere,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Theres a CW song in there somewhere,
    Set to Country-Western music, of course!

As for Tulsa's trends, I suspect we shall see a rise in all sorts of crime and violence everywhere with the economic situation what it currently is.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

That's what I thought until last August. I stopped there for a break and was approached by a guy with a hunting knife in his hand. He ignored my command to stay back, up until I started to draw. Then he dissapeared REAL fast.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by CEW58 View Post
    That's what I thought until last August. I stopped there for a break and was approached by a guy with a hunting knife in his hand. He ignored my command to stay back, up until I started to draw. Then he dissapeared REAL fast.
    Yikes. I lived in Tulsa for a while, and still visit there from time to time. You definitely don't want to spend much time north of I-244, but the bad areas were kind of spreading when I left. Where did that incident happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltz View Post
    Yikes. I lived in Tulsa for a while, and still visit there from time to time. You definitely don't want to spend much time north of I-244, but the bad areas were kind of spreading when I left. Where did that incident happen?
    I don't recall the exact location, but it was at a Shell gas station right off I-44. I stopped for an unscheduled pit stop (too much coffee) and had a guy with a fixed blade hunting knife come stalking up behind me after I left the building on the way back to my car. He ignored my command to "STAY BACK!" as I began to draw. The moment he realized what I was doing he took off real fast!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Wow, they have great gun shows in Tulsa...I hope the gang violence up there doesn't put a damper on them.

OK also has very loose private firearm transfer laws, not that I'm complaining, but I would imagine that will come under fire at some point.
    Free Firearms Classifieds http://www.armslist.com

Links