Drop the weapon

This is a discussion on Drop the weapon within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Drop the weapon means http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_11706820 DA: fatal officer-involved shooting justified The Associated Press Posted: 02/14/2009 04:50:04 PM PST CLEARLAKE, Calif.óLake County District Attorney Jon Hopkins ...

Thread: Drop the weapon

VIP Member

Drop the weapon

Drop the weapon means

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_11706820

DA: fatal officer-involved shooting justified
    The Associated Press
    Posted: 02/14/2009 04:50:04 PM PST

CLEARLAKE, Calif.óLake County District Attorney Jon Hopkins says the officer-involved shooting death of a man in June was justified.
    An investigation into the death of 63-year-old David Clinton Vestal found that Vestal was pointing a shotgun at Clearlake Police Officer Michael Hansen.

Vestal's family has alleged in a wrongful death lawsuit filed in federal court that the shooting was not justified.

The June 30 shooting at a mobile home park occurred after four officers responded to reports of a fight. The officers found Vestal's daughter with a bloody face and swollen eye outside the trailer.

Prosecutors say Hansen used a stun gun on one man who exited the trailer before Vestal appeared and pointed a shotgun in the direction of an officer. Prosecutors say that officer took cover and that Vestal then pointed the gun at Hansen, who fired his gun after warning Vestal to drop the weapon.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Links