GOOD: Armed Homeowner - 1, Scumbag - 0, Ellis County, TX

This is a discussion on GOOD: Armed Homeowner - 1, Scumbag - 0, Ellis County, TX within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ellis County Homeowner Pulls Rifle On Suspected Burglars - cbs11tv.com A suspected burglar is on the run, and another suspect is hospitalized, after authorities say ...

Thread: GOOD: Armed Homeowner - 1, Scumbag - 0, Ellis County, TX

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Ellis County Homeowner Pulls Rifle On Suspected Burglars - cbs11tv.com

A suspected burglar is on the run, and another suspect is hospitalized, after authorities say an armed homeowner, interrupted their break-in. The incident happened Saturday afternoon on Newton Road in rural Ellis County, near Ferris.

Late Saturday police were still trying to figure out who the suspected robbers are and what they why they were on the outskirts of Ferris.

Deputies told CBS 11 News the burglars were leaving the scene of the crime and didn't realize the homeowner had returned, in his car, and spotted them.

The suspects, driving a stolen white-colored Chevrolet Suburban, rammed into the homeowner's car and also hit another vehicle driven by the homeowner's daughter.

After the vehicles crashed, the homeowner pulled out a rifle and fired.

Deputies say most homeowner's in the rural sections of Ellis County are armed. "They will take care of themselves," explained Ellis County Sheriff Johnny Brown. "They call us, but they're country people, they're used to not having a city police department right on top of them."

The suspect driving the stolen truck was shot. The second suspect ran from the scene on foot.

With miles of wooded area to cover, Ellis County deputies have let all North Texas law enforcement agencies know that a man, covered in blood, is on the run. The wanted man isn't believed to be injured; he is covered with the blood of the suspect who was driving the stolen truck. Saturday evening that driver was in critical condition at Methodist Medical Center in Dallas.

The injured homeowner was taken to a local hospital. "He was shaken up, but I believe he's gonna be just fine," said Lt. Jason Westmoreland with the Ellis County Sheriff's Department. Neither the homeowner's daughter, nor her passenger, was injured.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member
    Good shoot.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Is it just me or do rural folks have a better grasp on crime prevention than city folks do?

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Is it just me or do rural folks have a better grasp on crime prevention than city folks do?

Michael
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Except those who recently moved to the "exurbs" from the city/suburbs -- or bought a "second home" in the mountains.

They wanted to change our way of life.

I know of a case where they wanted the county to stop many- generation-local farmers from spreading traditional fertilizer and to only allow "oder free" chemicals on the land -- because traditional fertilizer offended the noses of the new owners of 5-10 acres in a "mini-farm" development.

I didn't know whether to or .
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Country Folks have a rifle with them
    They need to stick to robbing sheep and stay in the cities
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    I know of a case where they wanted the county to stop many- generation-local farmers from spreading traditional fertilizer and to only allow "oder free" chemicals on the land -- because traditional fertilizer offended the noses of the new owners of 5-10 acres in a "mini-farm" development.

I didn't know whether to or .
    They could solve your fertilizer problem, there is a lot of Fertilizer coming out of their mouths
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Deputies say most homeowner's in the rural sections of Ellis County are armed. "They will take care of themselves," explained Ellis County Sheriff Johnny Brown. "They call us, but they're country people, they're used to not having a city police department right on top of them."

Something criminals should keep in mind.

+1 for Country Boys & Girls.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

I'll bet if he had an AR or AK they woulda had 2 suspects down
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links