Pair assault, rob man walking to work in Saugerties

This is a discussion on Pair assault, rob man walking to work in Saugerties within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This was right in my quiet, small, home town. It's scary, but makes me glad I carry protection. Pair assault, rob man walking to work ...

Thread: Pair assault, rob man walking to work in Saugerties

Pair assault, rob man walking to work in Saugerties

This was right in my quiet, small, home town. It's scary, but makes me glad I carry protection.

Pair assault, rob man walking to work in Saugerties - The Daily Freeman News: Serving the Hudson Valley since 1871(DailyFreeman.com)

SAUGERTIES — A 35-year-old man was knocked to the ground and robbed by two men early Saturday morning as he walked to work, town police said Monday.

Police said the victim was walking to work at McDonald’s restaurant at the New York State Thuway rest stop in Malden when a four-door white sedan pulled up behind him at about 5:30 a.m. Saturday in the area of Canoe Hill Road.

Police said two black males got out of the vehicle and chased the victim for a short distance. When they caught up to him, one of the men punched the victim in the face with his fist.

The victim was knocked to the ground. The two robbers took his wallet and got back in the vehicle, which was last seen headed into the village, police said.

The victim was treated at Benedictine Hospital in Kingston and released.

Police said the robbers were described as being 18 to 25 years old and about 5-feet, 7-inches to 6-feet tall.

Anyone with information on the robbery is urged to call Saugerties police at (845) 246-9800.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

TOF
    I am a bit surprised the Victim wasn't arrested for bruising the robber's nuckles given that it occured in NY.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Links