Even Drive-up ATMs

Even Drive-up ATMs

This is a discussion on Even Drive-up ATMs within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lucky WDBJ7 Roanoke News and Weather NRV Lynchburg Danville | Danville man nearly robbed and shot at an ATM February 18, 2009 Danville man nearly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even Drive-up ATMs

VIP Member

Thumbs down Even Drive-up ATMs

Lucky

WDBJ7 Roanoke News and Weather NRV Lynchburg Danville | Danville man nearly robbed and shot at an ATM

February 18, 2009
    Danville man nearly robbed and shot at an ATM

A Danville man was nearly shot Tuesday night as he tried to get money out of an ATM.

Police say the 27-year-old was pulling out of the Virginia Bank and Trust on North Main Street when someone ran up and started demanding money.

The victim drove off, but his car was hit with two bullets. No one was injured.

The suspect is described as a black male in his mid-40s, 5 foot 9 inches tall, wearing a dark bandana and hooded sweatshirt.

Call Danville Crimestoppers at (434) 793-0000 if you know anything about this case.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    I'm never feeling comfortable at an ATM. There is too much going on and attention too focused on the operation of the machine to keep a good look out for danger.

Is anyone surprised????
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Is anyone surprised????
    Nope, not me...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Is anyone surprised????
    Nope, not me.

The Title, was in reference to local police/paper's advice to use well lit Drive-up ATM, not walk-up ones at night.

Probably better, but....
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I only use drive up ATMs, I can keep my .45 in my lap that way
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I'm never feeling comfortable at an ATM. There is too much going on and attention too focused on the operation of the machine to keep a good look out for danger.
    If I have to use one that is outside, I take someone with me that can either watch or use the ATM while I watch. Otherwise forget it!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

I only use the drive up atm and only during the day while the bank is open. They seem to always be on the end of the building where somebody could be lurking and waiting right around the corner... not surprised at all by this.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

I only use the ATM that is far enough away from cover I can see a BG approaching in time to drive off or draw and prepare to defend myself
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I do 30 minutes of surveillance then I approach in a 2x2 formation, while leaving one man behind for cover.

Seriously, I use them only during the day, at the bank with the ATM last in line and do my best with SA while getting all my wife's hard earned money out of the bank so I can buy ammo!
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    I only use drive up ATMs, I can keep my .45 in my lap that way
    +1
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I am throw out an idea here. why don't they install ATM machines at the local police stations? Would people be willing to pay 1.00 more for the security?. I have use a ATM a total of 3-4 times in my life. Twice in Paris and once in Italy. I didn't like the exchange rate at one of those local booths. I do not know how it is around the rest of the US but here in NY city employees never carry around more than 10.00 at one shot but will hit the ATM 2-3 times a day and keep paying the fees.

Planning ahead solves this problem...having a couple C-notes in the pocket between pays is easier than trying to gamble with several stops during the week at an ATM.
    OMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would never use an ATM drive-up or walk-up at night.

That's just asking for a BG visit! IMHO
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I am throw out an idea here. why don't they install ATM machines at the local police stations? Would people be willing to pay 1.00 more for the security?. I have use a ATM a total of 3-4 times in my life. Twice in Paris and once in Italy. I didn't like the exchange rate at one of those local booths. I do not know how it is around the rest of the US but here in NY city employees never carry around more than 10.00 at one shot but will hit the ATM 2-3 times a day and keep paying the fees.
    Smart man. I never or well ever use a ATM.My $.02.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links