Shoulda yelled FORE

Shoulda yelled FORE

This is a discussion on Shoulda yelled FORE within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Teed off man uses golf club in clash over manners ETFALMOUTH, Mass. A man faces assault charges after allegedly striking another man with a ...

Thread: Shoulda yelled FORE

Shoulda yelled FORE

Teed off man uses golf club in clash over manners
    ETFALMOUTH, Mass. A man faces assault charges after allegedly striking another man with a golf club in an argument over manners. Police told the Cape Cod Times that a 50-year-old man leaving a gas station in town on Monday morning held the door open for a 38-year-old man.

Police said the 38-year-old man did not thank the other man, who responded by uttering a sarcastic "thank you."

The two men got into an argument before the 38-year-old went to his car to get a golf club, which he allegedly used to strike the victim several times in the stomach and legs. Police said the victim suffered minor injuries.

The 38-year-old man pleaded not guilty to assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in Falmouth District Court on Tuesday and was ordered to stay away from the other man.

Good thing this moron didn't have a gun,I hope he realises if you beat the crap out of somebody you hold the door for it kinda takes away from the good deed
    ___

Information from: Cape Cod Times, CapeCodOnline.com - Frontpage
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

From what I read, the older guy held the door for the younger guy, who then beat the crap out of him for his trouble.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Must have been looking for a fight. Too bad the beaten guy didn't have a gun - then it would be one less BG with an attitude.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Teed off man uses golf club in clash over manners
    ETFALMOUTH, Mass. A man faces assault charges after allegedly striking another man with a golf club in an argument over manners. Police told the Cape Cod Times that a 50-year-old man leaving a gas station in town on Monday morning held the door open for a 38-year-old man.

Police said the 38-year-old man did not thank the other man, who responded by uttering a sarcastic "thank you."

The two men got into an argument before the 38-year-old went to his car to get a golf club, which he allegedly used to strike the victim several times in the stomach and legs. Police said the victim suffered minor injuries.

The 38-year-old man pleaded not guilty to assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in Falmouth District Court on Tuesday and was ordered to stay away from the other man.

Good thing this moron didn't have a gun,I hope he realises if you beat the crap out of somebody you hold the door for it kinda takes away from the good deed
    ___

Information from: Cape Cod Times, CapeCodOnline.com - Frontpage
    First off, when are we going to get even COMPETENT journalists around. The "moron" isn't even the one who held the door!
    Though I love the Mass slant on this, trying to tie every bit of violence to guns. "see, if we had less gun control this would have been worse!!" Give me a break!
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by swaggs View Post
    First off, when are we going to get even COMPETENT journalists around. The "moron" isn't even the one who held the door!
    Though I love the Mass slant on this, trying to tie every bit of violence to guns. "see, if we had less gun control this would have been worse!!" Give me a break!
    That deal at the bottom was my 2 cents,I misread the story,The 38 year old needs to get put away for a couple years I bet he gets a big dose of anger management in prison when he becomes somebody Girlfriend
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Old guy holds door for young guy +1
    New Guy doesn't say thank you -1
    Old guy replies with sarcastic Thank you -1
    argument ensues -1
    young guy beats old guy with golf club -10

IMHO both guys had attitudes (Why, only they know) I feel they were both in the wrong
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it is called, Present.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiWeiSz View Post
    Must have been looking for a fight. Too bad the beaten guy didn't have a gun - then it would be one less BG with an attitude.
    +1

An armed society....
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Old guy holds door for young guy +1
    New Guy doesn't say thank you -1
    Old guy calls out New Guy for not showing proper respect +10
    argument ensues -1
    young guy beats old guy with golf club -10

You're Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post

]
    I usually assume the "thank you" was just an oversight by them and tell them "You're Welcome" and continue on about my business.
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

It's funny, when I hold a door for a man, I dont usually expect a thank you. I seem to be more upset when a woman seems to think she was entitled to the door being held and won't even look at me.

When the officer said how many times did you hit him? The 38 year old said, "4, 5 times.. put me down for a 4"
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Indeed, although I do have a slight "what?" in my head when someone just walks right through my open door without so much as a nod, I don't really care. I'd rather that if I open the door for someone behind me, for example, that they'll do the same for the person behind them.

To me, "paying it forward" makes me happier than a spoken thanks.

Sponsored Links