GOOD: Don't Bring A Stun Gun To A Gunfight - Kansas City, KS

GOOD: Don't Bring A Stun Gun To A Gunfight - Kansas City, KS

This is a discussion on GOOD: Don't Bring A Stun Gun To A Gunfight - Kansas City, KS within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; KC police identify robber shot by store owner - Kansas City Star Kansas City police today identified a robbery suspect who died after being shot ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,510

    GOOD: Don't Bring A Stun Gun To A Gunfight - Kansas City, KS

    KC police identify robber shot by store owner - Kansas City Star

    Kansas City police today identified a robbery suspect who died after being shot by a store owner and involved in a car wreck Sunday afternoon.

    Christopher L. Kublic, 28, moved to Kansas City from the state of Washington within the past month, police said.

    Along with another man, Kublic allegedly tried to hold up a hydroponics store using a stun gun about 5:15 p.m. Sunday in the 3600 block of St. John Avenue, in the city’s Northeast neighborhood. The store owner told police he pulled his own gun and shot the robber.

    Shortly after the holdup, a vehicle matching the suspects’ was found overturned about three blocks away.

    Kublic was lying next to the wrecked vehicle. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

    The second suspect remained at-large this afternoon, police said.
    Good on the store owner.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

    - Thomas Jefferson

    "I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

    "Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    They held up a store for water,I just turn my tap on and it comes out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  3. #3
    Senior Member Array ErikGr7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,108
    Why choose a stun gun for your weapon of choice? Does that give you less time than using a real gun.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array jofrdo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Posts
    709
    Taser brought out their lower cost C2 model a while back and started selling them at home parties, a la Tupperware. I saw a news story on it where they were selling them as defensive tools. I guarantee that LEO's use their firearms when they feel threatened, not their Tasers. Tasers, like pepper spray, are used to gain the compliance of a suspect and so are used more in the offensive than the defensive.

    Now, using the Taser as an offensive weapon to commit a robbery? I can see it. It won't get you charged with using a firearm; probably just simple assault, so it makes some sense. It would definitely convince your victim to cooperate, and you won't have to use deadly force to get that cooperation. When your victim pulls a gun, all bets are off, just as they are for BG's who use fists or knives to committ their crimes.

    Doesn't the store owner escalate the level of force for using deadly force against a Taser? I think shooting a Taser bandit puts you at legal risk.

  5. #5
    Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    Doesn't the store owner escalate the level of force for using deadly force against a Taser? I think shooting a Taser bandit puts you at legal risk.
    With the decent number of Taser related deaths in the news recently, I can see a lawyer making a successful argument that the victim was in fear for his life from a taser-wielding thug.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

    - Thomas Jefferson

    "I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

    "Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

  6. #6
    Member Array bigiceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    491
    Shoot a man who was going to taser him. Is this improper escalation?

    In my mind any criminal intent upon me that places me at their mercy, be it a taser, a crudgel, or overwhelming superiority in numbers, constitutes an immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death because I am no longer in control of my own destiny. By that I mean that once the taser is employed and I am incapable of further defense of myself I am at the mercy of criminals whose intent can only be established after the fact. Once I hit the ground they can kill me at will by beating me to death. Tasers can also be improperly used and in a manner that constitutes an immediate threat of serious bodily injury or death. When a bad guy produces any weapon, and a taser is a weapon, they have made me fear for my safety.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

    Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

  7. #7
    Member Array swaggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post
    Shoot a man who was going to taser him. Is this improper escalation?

    In my mind any criminal intent upon me that places me at their mercy, be it a taser, a crudgel, or overwhelming superiority in numbers, constitutes an immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death because I am no longer in control of my own destiny. By that I mean that once the taser is employed and I am incapable of further defense of myself I am at the mercy of criminals whose intent can only be established after the fact. Once I hit the ground they can kill me at will by beating me to death. Tasers can also be improperly used and in a manner that constitutes an immediate threat of serious bodily injury or death. When a bad guy produces any weapon, and a taser is a weapon, they have made me fear for my safety.

    +1 - my thoughts exactly
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

  8. #8
    Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    Taser brought out their lower cost C2 model a while back and started selling them at home parties, a la Tupperware. I saw a news story on it where they were selling them as defensive tools. I guarantee that LEO's use their firearms when they feel threatened, not their Tasers. Tasers, like pepper spray, are used to gain the compliance of a suspect and so are used more in the offensive than the defensive.

    Now, using the Taser as an offensive weapon to commit a robbery? I can see it. It won't get you charged with using a firearm; probably just simple assault, so it makes some sense. It would definitely convince your victim to cooperate, and you won't have to use deadly force to get that cooperation. When your victim pulls a gun, all bets are off, just as they are for BG's who use fists or knives to committ their crimes.

    Doesn't the store owner escalate the level of force for using deadly force against a Taser? I think shooting a Taser bandit puts you at legal risk.
    I don't know what a taser looks like -- I thought they look a lot like a gun. As a c-store owner, if someone pulls something that looks like a gun, I'm not waiting around to find out if it is only a taser.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

  9. #9
    Member Array laguna0seca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    112
    I think you would probably get charged with more than simple assault. I have a friend who got charged with aggravated because his class ring was on.
    USMC Sergeant
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Utah BCI Certified Instructor
    Utah Self Defense Instruction- Utah CCW, Discount NRA memberships/renewals
    Gun Blog,CCW News and Reviews

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array AllAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chesterfield, Kakalaki del Sur
    Posts
    2,403
    Silly pot heads...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. GOOD: Don't Bring A Boxcutter To A Gunfight - Aurora, CO
    By CT-Mike in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: April 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM
  2. GOOD: Don't Bring A Stick To A Gunfight - Yakima, WA
    By CT-Mike in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
  3. Good: I Guess You Can Bring a Knife To a Gunfight...
    By jahwarrior72 in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
  4. GOOD: Don't Bring Pepper Spray To A Gunfight - Phoenix, AZ
    By CT-Mike in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM
  5. GOOD: Don't Bring A BB Gun To A Gunfight - Columbus, OH
    By CT-Mike in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2008, 03:26 PM

Search tags for this page

are stun guns legal in kansas

,
can you conceal a taser or stun gun in ks
,
cann ks
,

cann ks 928

,
cann ks model 928
,
cann ks stun gun
,

cann ks taser

,
kansas stun gun laws
,
kansas stun guns
,
kansas taser laws
,
price on cann ks stun gun model 928
,

stun gun laws in kansas

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors