Central Florida -- Week's 5th armed home invasion

This is a discussion on Central Florida -- Week's 5th armed home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What's with " retaliated against home invaders by opening fire on the men" Dang press! How about defended herself and home? Woman raped in week's ...

Thread: Central Florida -- Week's 5th armed home invasion

VIP Member

Central Florida -- Week's 5th armed home invasion

What's with "retaliated against home invaders by opening fire on the men"

Dang press! How about defended herself and home?

Woman raped in week's 5th armed home invasion -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Woman raped in week's 5th armed home invasion
    Walter Pacheco and Gary Taylor | Sentinel Staff Writers
    February 21, 2009
    Another woman was raped Friday in the fifth violent and armed home invasion in Central Florida this week.

Orange County Sheriff's Office investigators released few details about the home invasion, saying only that it happened in the Hamptons subdivision, an upscale neighborhood near the MetroWest community.

Sheriff's Commander Julia Blackman said the armed men walked into the house through an open garage door. They woke the victim from her sleep, tied her and ransacked the home. When her boyfriend arrived, the suspects bound him as well.

It is unclear when the suspects raped the woman.

Detectives in Orange County and Sanford are busy trying to find the suspects involved in the five separate home invasions.

On Tuesday, a 19-year-old student was raped when two home invaders burst into the upscale Avalon Park home she shares with several University of Central Florida and Valencia Community College students.

The men broke into the home at 3 a.m. and ordered several of the students into a bathroom at gunpoint. The woman was pulled out of the bathroom and raped by the two men in another part of the house, deputies said.

The suspects stole laptops and cell phones.

The victims didn't call 911 until three hours after the intruders left their home because they were afraid to walk out of the bathroom.

In another home invasion, Orange County deputies arrested the victim. They said he admitted that he was storing marijuana in a jacket.

UCF student Kegan Evan Williams, 20, told deputies four suspects held him at gunpoint Monday at his Woodbury Road home and robbed him of his pot and electronic devices.

Williams was busted on drug charges and released from jail on a $1,100 bond.

Also on Monday, four men attacked a Full Sail University student by pulling a shirt over his head, punching him in the face and then stealing a television, an Xbox and other personal items from his Maitland home.

A homeowner in Sanford retaliated against home invaders by opening fire on the men, shooting one of them in the face.

Phyllis Field fired twice at the men when they forced their way into her home on North Scott Avenue, Sanford police said.

A surveillance video from a home on a nearby street showed a man walking through that yard and then leaving after one of the men looked directly into the camera and realized what it was, police said.

The Seminole County Services Building was locked down Tuesday morning because of the possibility the men were inside the facility at First Street and Mellonville Avenue, but they were not found.

It wasn't until Wednesday that a suspect, Vandrae Terrance Wright, was arrested when he sought medical treatment at Florida Hospital Orlando.

Wright, 18, of Midway, faces charges of burglary to an occupied dwelling and attempted grand theft, according to police reports.

The second suspect is still at large.

Walter Pacheco can be reached at 407-420-6262 or wpacheco@orlandosentinel.com. Gary Taylor can be reached at 386-851-7910 or gtaylor@orlandosentinel.com.
    To read about crimes in your area, click on OrlandoSentinel.com/policelog.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Whats is going on around here lately. Maybe I should just pony up and finally buy a shotgun... I live in the area.

I am under the impression that this going to get worse before it gets better. We are approaching 12% unemployment here in SWFL. The Lee County Sheriffs I know are saying first time offenders are on the rise and they expect this trend to continue.

Last night, Bill O'Reilly had this to say about violent crime and illegal immigration:

A new study coming to light through the federal 287-G program says that in the Phoenix area, 22 percent of all felonies are committed by illegal aliens. In the Chicago area, 19 percent of all prison inmates are illegal. In Collier County, Florida, more than 20 percent of all arrests are for crimes allegedly committed by illegals, and on and on.

Notice the mention of Collier County. Also here in SWFL

Yes, my gun always has one in the pipe and on me or at arms length at all times.

Wow, I know all the landmarks they described. O-Town, man Im glad I got out of there....
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Also on Monday, four men attacked a Full Sail University student by pulling a shirt over his head, punching him in the face and then stealing a television, an Xbox and other personal items from his Maitland home.
    Hey, I used to teach there!
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Full sail students? jesus you know its getting bad when full sail students are getting attacked those are the poorest kids around here. drive umpteen year old cars held together by duct tape and coat hangers. not surprising though since they pay huge amounts in tuition then can't find crap for a job in their field here.

crime sucks. i need to start watching the news/reading the paper, i didn't know about any of these occurrences around here. Guess its a good thing when i'm in the house there is always a gun w/in reach and when i'm out i'm armed unless the law says i can't be...

Links