"Problem-solving chips were off"

This is a discussion on "Problem-solving chips were off" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pa. robbery plot foiled by victim's armed friend | Associated Press | Times Leader Pa. robbery plot foiled by victim's armed friend (AP) Police say ...

Thread: "Problem-solving chips were off"

VIP Member

Pa. robbery plot foiled by victim's armed friend | Associated Press | Times Leader

Pa. robbery plot foiled by victim's armed friend

(AP)

Police say a robbery plot in south-central Pennsylvania failed when a friend of the victim's showed up with a gun.

York City Police Detective First Class Jeff Spence says the crime involved people whose "problem-solving chips were off."

Police say a woman lured the victim to her home Saturday night home with a promise of sex. But police say he was instead met by her husband with a knife, who tied the victim up.

On Sunday, a friend of the victim's called his cell phone. The woman's husband answered and told the victim's friend where to pick him up. Police say that friend ended up shooting the wife in the foot while trying to rescue the victim.

Neighbors called police.

___

Information from: York Daily Record, News - YDR - The York Daily Record
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Uh, good? I'm not quite sure what to say about this except it's obvious the whole story hasn't been shared by the media/police. Also don't quite understand the LEO's quote--how can I turn my problem-solving chip on?
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Maybe the officer was trying to say that the friend should've called the PD instead of trying to affect a rescue himself.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

[B]Problem solving chip?[B]Would that come in a Lays ,Dorito,or Pringles.And why would somebody kidnap somebody and then tell somebody where to come get them? Theres a buncha chips missing in this story
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    [B]Problem solving chip?[B]Would that come in a Lays ,Dorito,or Pringles.And why would somebody kidnap somebody and then tell somebody where to come get them? Theres a buncha chips missing in this story
    yeah, like who owed who money and how many fingers got broken first?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Hmm, someone tells you your buddy is kidnapped and where to pick him up... so you go in Rambo style?

Something tells me that indeed, this story has more to it. Probably drug related; didn't want to get the police involved.

"problem-solving chips were off."
    Yep that "new" Intel 8086.......

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Sponsored Links