Who needs a gun at the barber shop?

This is a discussion on Who needs a gun at the barber shop? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One shot, two assaulted at barber shop Updated: Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009, 9:19 AM EST Published : Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009, 9:17 AM EST CHESAPEAKE, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who needs a gun at the barber shop?

One shot, two assaulted
    at barber shop

Updated: Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009, 9:19 AM EST
    Published : Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009, 9:17 AM EST

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Chesapeake police say three men walked into a barber shop Monday night, shot one man and assaulted two others.

At around 8:30 p.m. police say three men walked into the Cut Creators Barber Shop on Campostella Road and opened fire.

One person was shot in the leg. Two other people were physically assaulted. All three victims are expected to be okay.

Police say the suspects left in a red minivan.

There is no motive at this time.

One shot, two assaulted at barber shop

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Hmmm, there is one part of Wilmington, DE where there are seven "hair stylists" or barber shops on one street in a short 4 blocks. It is strange how they do business at the most odd hours, makes me wonder; maybe barbershops are a great cover for some other activity. Some activity that may cause violent retribution.

Cheers
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    Anyone want to bet on whether this was gang/drug related?

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Anyone want to bet on whether this was gang/drug related?
    That's where I was going.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Administrator
    Oh man... "Barber" shops or salons are notorious covers for drug dealings. I couldn't even guess how many search warrants I've served on them over the years.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    +1 on the gang/drug related.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Oh man... "Barber" shops or salons are notorious covers for drug dealings. I couldn't even guess how many search warrants I've served on them over the years.
    How comforting, I guess I just found an area to avoid whenever possible.

Thanks,

Administrator
    Everybody knows certain barbers/beauty salons are often fronts for drugs as Asian nail salons or dry cleaners are for drugs, money laundering and sometimes human trafficking.

Now of course not all are, but a fair number of them are. Its pretty easy to tell even for the moderately street wise. Use common sense when selecting a business to patronize.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I guess I'll stick to the Hair Cuttery.

Everybody knows certain barbers/beauty salons are often fronts for drugs ... Use common sense when selecting a business to patronize.
    Oh, they had my spider senses tingling just by looking at, never patronizing, any of the establishments. So, call me naive, but, I had no idea that this is a well know wide spread issue; I get the barracks cut from my wife. I wonder if the local PD is watching them? Thanks for the info and probably confirming my suspicions.

Cheers,

Hey, criminals need to get their hair cut too. But seriously, you have to remember that in general, this is a cahs business. People know this, and sometimes the shops are not in the best neighborhood.

Around here, there is a known dealer who drives around in a truck that is very disstinctive (has a screened picture on the windows for his "record co.). He went to get a haircut "in the hood" and someone saw his car and went there and robbed him.

...Its pretty easy to tell even for the moderately street wise. Use common sense when selecting a business to patronize.
    +1

Funny thing is last summer at my barbers shop he and I both were having a conversation with a young man new to our community who walked in clear to us both that he was not from around here. For me he immediately spiked my radar as again he was completely out of place and wearing the wrong camouflage for this area.
    As it turned out he was visiting his cousin up the street and was in town from Springfield, MA and wanted to get a cut while he waited on his cousin to go make a "trip".
    An hour later I walked out and shook my barber as well as the young mans hand as we had discussed life extension and survival skills including the simple choice of where to get your hair did for folk in the city. My barber and I both are transplanted urban city folk he raised in Springfield too and me from DC, we both now living rural suburban. The young man had commented he liked the shop and would return, and that his regular shop had been day light robbed twice and that drugs are regularly sold through there as well. You get what you pay for.

I exited whilst per my norm armed and carrying unbeknownst to either of them.
    I'm going to forward this news item to my barber and remind him of that conversation and young man.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

My barber is always armed. Don't think there is any drug activity or human trafficking going on there.

Funny how so many people look down their nose at the "sheep" who don't think that danger will come, yet you assume that anybody who gets targeted deserves it.

If someone gets home invaded you rip em for not having hardened their house... if they get a heads up from video cameras, you accuse them of being into the drug trade.

You figure you should be armed, and your barber, grocer, pastor should not?

Some of you must be Brady-trolls.

I'm old enough to remember when Umberto (Albert) Anastasia got his .38 caliber haircut at the Park Sheraton in NYC. Year was 1957 in the days of "Murder Inc."

http://www.lelands.com/App_Themes/Im...ing/46474a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    ... Funny how so many people look down their nose at the "sheep" who don't think that danger will come, yet you assume that anybody who gets targeted deserves it.
    You are kidding right or maybe you are not refering to this specific situation. If you are serious then I suppose you are willing to believe that it was just a random shooting with no motive; just kids being kids.

You figure you should be armed, and your barber, grocer, pastor should not?
    No way all the willing and able good people in this nation are OK by me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links