Out on bond for murder?

Out on bond for murder?

This is a discussion on Out on bond for murder? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man out on bond for murder charged in armed robbery | SCNow Man out on bond for murder charged in armed robbery By Jackie Torok ...

Thread: Out on bond for murder?

VIP Member

Thumbs down Out on bond for murder?

Man out on bond for murder charged in armed robbery | SCNow

Man out on bond for murder charged in armed robbery

By Jackie Torok
    Morning News
    Published: February 24, 2009

A Hartsville man out on bond for murder has been captured in connection with an armed robbery that happened in January, according to a press release from the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office.

Daniel Kareem Leatch, 20, of 721 Hudson St., was arrestd without incident Saturday night by deputies working with the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force, according to the release. He is charged with armed robbery, assault and battery with intent to kill, assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and remains in custody at the Darlington County Detention Center, and Sheriff Wayne Byrd said he hopes bond for Leatch’s release will be denied.

The robbery happened Jan. 8 at the Food Mart located at 1318 Patrick Highway in Hartsville.

Three black men came into the store and robbed the clerk of money from the cash register, according to a previous press release. As the clerk tried to call 911, one of the robbers discharged a firearm. The three suspects fled in an older model burgundy Cadillac. No one was injured during the crime.

Leatch also is charged with murder in connection with the slaying of a 23-year-old Rondell Leon Ratliff of Hartsville, who was shot to death while while riding his mo-ped, according to Hartsville police reports.

Ratliff was shot while riding down Pleasant Lane near Hampton Street in Hartsville just before 9 p.m. Sept. 23, 2007.

Leatch turned himself in the night of Oct. 1, 2007, to the U.S. Marshals Service, Hartsville police, Darlington County sheriff’s deputies and State Law Enforcement Division agents at the McMillan Federal Building in Florence.

Reed Winchell Allen, 25 of 324 Lincoln Ave., Hartsville, called police to turn himself in and was arrested without incident arrested about early the morning of Oct. 4, 2007, and charged with accessory after the fact of murder in connection with the case.

More suspects are being sought in connection with the robbery, according to the release. Anyone with information about it is asked to call the sheriff’s office at (843) 398-4501 or Crime Stoppers of the Pee Dee at (888) CRIME SC (274-6372). Callers need not reveal their identities.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    why let someone go who turned themselves in for MURDER?!?!?

did they think this scumbag was going to obey other laws?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I'm actually from Hartsville, and I'm sad to say this is not really all that surprising. The area has had a significant increase in violent crime and gang activity over the last 5 years. That being said, who in their right mind would release a murder suspect and a self admitted one at that.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

VIP Member
    I would be sorely tempted, if I were ever in a position to have such authority, to condemn the homes on either side of judges' homes who released such individuals and turn them into half-way houses for all of the murderers, rapists, and child molesters that the judges released. That way, these criminals would be living next to the judges' children. How could they refuse these poor, misguided victims of society their chance at a decent life...riiiiiggggghhhht.

Of course, doing so would not be fair to the people who lived in those houses...so not done. But judges release these individuals back into the community with impunity, in my opinion, because they have the reasonable expectation that these criminals will never be living next to their precious children--just other people's. That, IMHO, is no big deal to them.

As Bongo said in Matt Groening's early Life in Hell comic strip: "Disaster is when it happens to me, no-big-deal is when it happens to you."
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Sponsored Links