NBC Story about "Drug runners powered by U.S. guns"

This is a discussion on NBC Story about "Drug runners powered by U.S. guns" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I heard the best solution on Glenn Beck last year. Spend the money we spend on the drug wars paying the generals in Mexico to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBC Story about "Drug runners powered by U.S. guns"

I heard the best solution on Glenn Beck last year. Spend the money we spend on the drug wars paying the generals in Mexico to secure the border from their side. For every illegal alien we find accross the border in their sector lower their bonus. SHAZAM! problem solved before they cross the border.

As far as the drugs go. I would be all for legallizing them as long as nobody in society who does them gets any of my money when they make a mess of their lives. A lot of the excesses and violations of our constitution go back to the origins of drug prohibition. If I could get the government out of my life by letting the young and stupid destroy themselves without having to pay their welfare and medical costs I would be all for it. Solve two problems at once, get rid of the drug gangs and lower the surplus population.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

2. Remove Ads

Surprise

I guess the media got the word from the current administration that this was the story needed to justify the new AWB. They then jumped to find a story that will please their master.

Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post
    I heard the best solution on Glenn Beck last year. Spend the money we spend on the drug wars paying the generals in Mexico to secure the border from their side. For every illegal alien we find accross the border in their sector lower their bonus. SHAZAM! problem solved before they cross the border.
    He actually has the idea, for a different reason. The police and military are ineffective not because they're "outgunned" with our "evil" guns... but more because they are not going to do what is necessary simply because they get a bigger check from the drug cartels compared to their paycheck from the government. Money talks in Mexico.

It might ultimately (and I hate to say this), be easier to pay off these corrupt officials instead of trying to get them to do the right thing. If money is ultimately what they understand, then maybe we need to start talking the language. We've been doing it in Iraq for a while now, by paying off some of the insurgent leaders and putting certain gangs in business against insurgent groups. While the ethics are certainly debatable, it could help, *if* combined with a push for legalization (not just decriminalization) of many recreational drugs. If you want to put it in your body... its your choice. Just because I can go to the store right now and buy a bottle of whiskey and drink myself to unconsciousness doesn't mean I will.

Seems like if the Mexican military does not like being outgunned they should take over customs inspections... problem solved. What, you say they are flying the guns in? Military has planes, si? Navy too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links