NBC Story about "Drug runners powered by U.S. guns"

This is a discussion on NBC Story about "Drug runners powered by U.S. guns" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saw a story about guns flowing from the US to Mexico on NBC tonight. All of the ideas that the anti push were mentioned: Guns ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saw a story about guns flowing from the US to Mexico on NBC tonight. All of the ideas that the anti push were mentioned: Guns from gun shows, straw man purchases, evil 50 cal rifles, etc.

The story starts out about conditions in Mexico getting worse, then turns left into an antigun piece.

NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast- msnbc.com

Looks like this "crisis" is being tested as a reason to ban the "evil" guns

The problem with Mexico is drugs,we use billions of dollars in resources combating drugs after they get here,I say put those resources on the border and stop the crap there,If you are coming across the border with drugs then deadly force applies,we have a DRUG PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY not a GUN PROBLEM,if gangbangers didn't have drugs to sell they would get a job or turn to robbery which if every law abiding citizen was armed would pretty much be suicide.Drugs have been feeding the pockets of every gang in the world ,from the "MOB" to Bikers to the crips ,bloods,MS13,you name it.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The media has always been anti-gun. They just sit and wait on any chance to promote gun control!
    God & Guns!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The problem with Mexico is drugs,we use billions of dollars in resources combating drugs after they get here,I say put those resources on the border and stop the crap there,If you are coming across the border with drugs then deadly force applies,we have a DRUG PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY not a GUN PROBLEM,if gangbangers didn't have drugs to sell they would get a job or turn to robbery which if every law abiding citizen was armed would pretty much be suicide.Drugs have been feeding the pockets of every gang in the world ,from the "MOB" to Bikers to the crips ,bloods,MS13,you name it.
    and you have a transference problem. Drugs are not the problem nor are guns. PEOPLE are the problem. Ask yourself why all those people that choose to kill themselves have to buy their drugs illegally from gangs in mexico... I don't agree with folks frying their brain, but that's their own choice. The minute you start stepping on that via the government or any other means, you've effectively fouled up the works worse than the burned out druggie would have.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

The problem with Mexico is generations of corrupt and incompetent government. Sure, we have the same problem, but they have perfected it.

Mexico.... wasn't worried as long as the drugs were coming to the USA.... and they were getting the pay-offs.

Are the guns even from the USA... I mean really, lots of places in the world (including and not limited to Brazil) for them to get guns, and they have the money to get what they want. So, why should we give up our rights ??? We're law-abiding citizens.

I doubt "automatic" weapons that Mr. Holder was talking about... are from here.

There is another tread with same topic going here:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-abc-news.html

As I said there maybe Mexico should build a fence to keep the guns out.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Maybe Mexico should build a big fence along the border.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

From the perspective of living in the Phoenix area, it's a real problem... guns are moving across the border in large quantities. Private sales (including at gun shows) are unregulated - as I believe they should be - but the seller need only identify himself as a citizen of the US. Last year a Mexican police official was arrested at a Phoenix gun show for either buying or attempting to buy a number of guns - how brazen can you get?

An interesting side effect in this area is that a lot of FFLs doing transfers (e.g., from auctions, on-line sales, etc.) won't receive guns except from other FFLs, even though that's not required by law.

Recent articles I've read, and posted, indicate there are RPG's, grenades and FA's used in Mexico. As we all know, none of those are "readily" available in the USA.

China perhaps? Other Comm Bloc capitalists? Norway? The drug dollars are so huge, the sky is the limit for those folks.

VIP Member
    Of course we're at fault. Aren't all the problems of the world caused by the US? You know, in my 57 years I can't remember walking into a store that sold fully automatic weapons, live grenades and RPG's over the counter, no questions asked. Guess I have been going to the wrong places!

oh...ok

All this time I thought drug cartels in Mexico were powered by drugs, smuggling, thuggery, in-capicatated government and by all sorts of illegal acts.

But now I understand (sacrasm) that Amerca's gunlaws are the real problem...

*blood boiling*

And THIS is the reason given for the new "assualt" rifle ban?

*blood BOILING*
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    ABC News: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

Well this goes right along with it.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quick fix to stopping the illegal drug trade and its related crime is to make drug's legal. Then just regulate them to an extent similar to smokes or alcohol. That'd put drug dealers out of business.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by 500Mag View Post
    Quick fix to stopping the illegal drug trade and its related crime is to make drug's legal. Then just regulate them to an extent similar to smokes or alcohol. That'd put drug dealers out of business.
    That is totally feasable. This "war on drugs" is prohibition by a new name. Alcohol Prohibition benifited the mobsters then and it benifits the mobsters today.

Make guns totally legal and make all drugs and prostitution fully legal

I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links