Leo Impersonator -- B&E Shot fired

Leo Impersonator -- B&E Shot fired

This is a discussion on Leo Impersonator -- B&E Shot fired within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This type of thing worries me -- primarily because of the increased danger to real LEOs long term (assuming it keeps happening) and to home ...

Thread: Leo Impersonator -- B&E Shot fired

VIP Member

Thumbs down Leo Impersonator -- B&E Shot fired

This type of thing worries me -- primarily because of the increased danger to real LEOs long term (assuming it keeps happening) and to home owners, shot term (if they fall for it).

Man dressed as cop kicks in door, fires shot | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | News

Man dressed as cop kicks in door, fires shot

By KOMO Staff Watch the story SEATTLE -- Police arrested a man who they say was dressed as a King County sheriff's deputy when he kicked in the door of a North Seattle home and fired a shot into the floor.

Seattle police spokeswoman Renee Witt said it happened about 3 a.m. near the intersection of Linden Avenue North and North 138th Street.

The man was also wearing a bulletproof vest, she said.

The woman who lived in the home said the gunman was looking for someone who no longer lived there.

When police arrived the man tried to get away in a black Humvee, but he turned into a dead-end street and officers arrested him.

Detectives found a rifle and handgun when the man was arrested, and officials said they are looking for three other men who may have been involved.
    Real LEOs got him off the street.

"black Humvee"? Wonder if he watched too much CSI Miami?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    That guy is going away for a long long time. Isn't it more frequent that LE impersonators pull over vehicles than bust doors down?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

He was wearing a jumpsuit, no badges or other police memorabilia. The media is doing what the media does.

Doesn't make it any less scary.

Based on the statement from the boyfriend of the victim, it sounds like they were looking for drugs.

Man Dressed As Officer Arrested In Home Invasion - Seattle News Story - KIRO Seattle

Man Dressed As Officer Arrested In Home Invasion

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 – updated: 12:42 pm PST March 3, 2009
    SEATTLE -- A man dressed like a police officer was arrested early Tuesday morning after a home invasion in North Seattle, Seattle police told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

Seattle police representative Rene Witt said 911 received a call a little before 3 a.m. from a woman living in the 600 block of North 138th Street, reporting that a man she did not know was at her door.

The man then kicked her door in, fired one shot into the floor, and then said he was looking for someone. The woman told him the person he was looking for no longer lived there.

The victim's boyfriend told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News that someone smashed a window at the home at about 1 a.m. He said police were called, and officers took a report.

About 90 minutes later, the boyfriend, who did not want to be identified, said a man armed with an AK-47 and wearing a bulletproof vest started banging on the front door. The man came into the home, said he was looking for someone who didn't live there and asked, "Where's the dope?" the boyfriend said.

The man fired a shot into a wall, apologized to the woman and left.

Police said arriving officers heard the gunshot as the man fled on North 138th Street in a Hummer. Officers gave chase and surrounded the vehicle. They took the man into custody at the east end of North 138th Street where it turns into a dead end.

Witt said upon arrest, police found the suspect was dressed in a green police jumpsuit like those worn by King County sheriff's deputies, but without patches or badges. The suspect was also wearing body armor.

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

The BF could identify the "AK-47", but didn't have anyway to protect himself?
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I'd wager there are very few people in the world that can't id an AK. I'd also wager there are lots of people who won't protect themselves, even those who have the right to own tools meant for that purpose.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links