"danced around the officers," jumped into their cruiser and sped off.

This is a discussion on "danced around the officers," jumped into their cruiser and sped off. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK the BGs were high on whatever -- but I'd like to see the LEO's incident report. Gunman shot by police after NE home invasion ...

Thread: "danced around the officers," jumped into their cruiser and sped off.

VIP Member

"danced around the officers," jumped into their cruiser and sped off.

OK the BGs were high on whatever -- but I'd like to see the LEO's incident report.

Gunman shot by police after NE home invasion | Philadelphia Daily News | 03/03/2009

Gunman shot by police after NE home invasion
    By DAVID GAMBACORTA
    Philadelphia Daily News

gambacd@phillynews.com 215-854-5994

As far as criminal masterminds go, James Henry probably falls a bit short, cops say.

Henry, 32, was armed and high Sunday night when he shot a young man during a botched home invasion in Northeast Philadelphia, stole a police cruiser and then was shot in the leg by police, said Lt. Michael Gormley, of Northeast Detectives.

The bizarre chain of events started about 5 p.m., when Henry and another man - who police say was also high and carrying a firearm - forced their way into a home on Hellerman Street near Charles.

They allegedly demanded money from the 20-year-old man who was inside, while his girlfriend hid and dialed 9-1-1. When the victim produced only $20, Henry's accomplice slugged the young man and somehow dropped his revolver, Gormley said.

The frustrated robber allegedly ordered Henry to shoot the young man. But Henry, who was carrying a shotgun, demurred and insisted that they just stab him, Gormley said.

With that, Henry's partner stormed out of the house, muttering, "This isn't worth it!" He was still on the loose last night.

During an ensuing struggle, Henry's shotgun fired once, striking the young man in the leg. Henry then dashed out of the house and hid under a car.

Police arrived seconds later, and the victim and his girlfriend identified Henry - who was still hunkered under a car - as the shooter. Then things got even crazier.

Lt. Frank Vanore, a police spokesman, said Henry "danced around the officers," jumped into their cruiser and sped off.

He crashed the cop car on nearby Levick Street and jumped out. Henry was wounded in the leg during a brief foot chase with police.

Henry, who has 16 prior arrests on charges that include weapons violations, burglary and car theft, was in stable condition at Frankford Hospital - Torresdale. Gormley said investigators had been told that Henry "had a lot of drugs in his system."

The victim of the robbery, meanwhile, was treated at Temple University Hospital and released.
    Hey six -- how would you spin this one were they rookies in your FTO program?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    sure sounds like we need better gun control in this country.

Or maybe they could have done something with this guy long before he chalked up 16 priors for weapons, burglary, and car theft? Oh never mind, I must be way out of line here.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    sure sounds like we need better gun control in this country.

Or maybe they could have done something with this guy long before he chalked up 16 priors for weapons, burglary, and car theft? Oh never mind, I must be way out of line here.
    Now tinkerin' it not his fault.......he was underserved by society,
    it's our fault we failed him.

He should have been reformed his first trip to prison
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    He should have been reformed his first trip to prison
    The story said "16 prior arrests" this could be his first trip to prison, given the state of the legal system in some States.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Gormley said investigators had been told that Henry "had a lot of drugs in his system."
    Ya think?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Why wasn't the LEO's car locked,I would suggest he be written up for contributing to a high speed chase.When I was an LEO we carried a spare key and locked our vehicle everytime we got out on a call
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Wonder if he was break dancing?!

16 priors and walking the streets with a shotgun......incredible.
    I guess he'll get a 6 month sentence for this caper,with 5 months suspended.....Hopefully someone will put a plastic bag over his head and do society a favor.
    Last edited by PNUT; March 3rd, 2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: correction

With that, Henry's partner stormed out of the house, muttering, "This isn't worth it!"
    Would that all criminals would recognize the truth of his words. Think Henry's thought them over?
    Life is about choices. One who chooses to attack without cause has also chosen to accept whatever defensive measures his target has readied. If this includes violence and death, so be it.

G26--->Supertuck

Links