Good Guy 1 Bad Guy 0

Good Guy 1 Bad Guy 0

This is a discussion on Good Guy 1 Bad Guy 0 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |Suspected burglar meets homeowner, and his shotgun Suspected burglar meets homeowner, and his shotgun SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - ...

Thread: Good Guy 1 Bad Guy 0

Good Guy 1 Bad Guy 0

KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |Suspected burglar meets homeowner, and his shotgun

Suspected burglar meets homeowner, and his shotgun

SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - "I had no idea whether he was armed, whether he had anything," said Reed.

Thieves are nothing new to Reed of Tyler. He's had home's broken into, tools stolen from work sites, even a car stolen from his front lawn, but last night, Reed said he had enough.

"I'm fed up with thieves and with the recession the way it is, everybody is looking, they are out there a dime a dozen," said Reed.

It all started around 11 o'clock last night when Reed said he noticed a truck driving up and down his road. The next thing he knew a man, identified by authorities as 28-year-old Randy Mason, was knocking on his door.

"He asked for some girl, and I say she's not there, so he said sorry to bother you, and he went on along his business," said Reed.

His business, Reed said, was breaking into his truck, but not for long. Reed's dog began barking. Reed said he grabbed his shotgun and made it known Mason was not welcome.

"From about right here, I've got a neighbor right there, so I just aimed right at this direction fired a shot back here," Reed described the scene.

"Once he got to the gate I made him get down on all fours. He crawled up here, and I made him lay on his belly."

And Mason laid there, Reed said until the sheriff's deputies arrived.

"I work hard for what I have," said Reed. "Most people do work very hard for what they have, and thieves are just thieves. They are worthless.

Mason was booked in the Smith county jail and charged with burglary of a vehicle. When asked if he'd do it again, Kelly Reed said, absolutely, he's got a right to protect his property.
    -------------------
    There is a video at the news site but it won't be up for long. This is in a rural area, where he fired was into an open field on his own property.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Way to go Reed, don't let them get away with it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links