FL Wal-Mart Shooting Leaves at Least 1 Man Injured

This is a discussion on FL Wal-Mart Shooting Leaves at Least 1 Man Injured within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - Wal-Mart Shooting Leaves at Least 1 Man Injured - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News Wal-Mart Shooting Leaves ...

Thread: FL Wal-Mart Shooting Leaves at Least 1 Man Injured

FL Wal-Mart Shooting Leaves at Least 1 Man Injured

FOXNews.com - Wal-Mart Shooting Leaves at Least 1 Man Injured - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Wal-Mart Shooting Leaves at Least 1 Man Injured

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

FLORIDA CITY, Fla. DEVELOPING: Authorities say one person is being treated at a hospital after a shooting at a Wal-Mart in Florida City.

Reports say the shooting happened Wednesday morning. No other injuries were immediately reported.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported one person to Jackson Memorial Hospital by helicopter. The person's condition is not yet known.

Messages were not immediately returned by Florida City police.

No further information has been released.
    What's up with Wal-Mart? One would think it was a dangerous place to go if one didn't know better.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Update:
    FLORIDA CITY, Fla. Authorities say a man shot a woman he knew while she working at a Wal-Mart in Florida City, then fatally shot himself.

Miami-Dade Police Department spokeswoman Rebeca Perez says the shooting happened inside the store just before 10 a.m. on Wednesday . The woman suffered gunshot wounds and is in critical condition. The man was pronounced dead at the hospital. Their identities have not yet been released.

No further information was immediately available.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

My wife, daughter and I were at Wally World this past week. I noticed 5 young men "working" the parking lot. Pointed it out to the Mrs. and she saw it too. One of them looked at me, All I did was put my hand under my vest with hand on pistol and thumb-break snap.. He saw it and proceeded across the lot. Yes, Wally World parking lots are dangerous.. Keep your eyes open at all times ! (Seattle Wa, area)

Always keep my eyes open, like this past week when we were there and the National Guard was using the Wally World parking lot as a defensive drivers course.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Someone is lucky they didn't get some additional ventilation courtesy of the guy with the new CCW card eating nachos.

Quote Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
    My wife, daughter and I were at Wally World this past week. I noticed 5 young men "working" the parking lot. Pointed it out to the Mrs. and she saw it too. One of them looked at me, All I did was put my hand under my vest with hand on pistol and thumb-break snap.. He saw it and proceeded across the lot. Yes, Wally World parking lots are dangerous.. Keep your eyes open at all times ! (Seattle Wa, area)
    I HATE going to the one down the road from me because there are to many ghetto types around, especially those trying to sell pirated CD and other crap out of their car... gunmen already robbed a woman right at that same location some months ago too.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by Labhunter View Post
    Someone is lucky they didn't get some additional ventilation courtesy of the guy with the new CCW card eating nachos.
    I know! With the amount of people posting about carrying for the first time at wallyworld you'd think it would be the safest place in the world!
    Being peaceful does not guarantee peace, strength and a willingness to commit violence when needed does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyghost View Post
    I know! With the amount of people posting about carrying for the first time at wallyworld you'd think it would be the safest place in the world!
    The problem is that we are the only ones who know first timers do this. The bad guys don't read here.... or at least I think they don't.

DON"T make me put down my nachos !
    Never approach a Bull from the front , a Horse from the rear or a Fool from any direction!

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyghost View Post
    The problem with that is all the first timers are too busy making sure nobody is watching them. They wouldn't even notice a shooting going down.

Super Trucker the funny part is I think you are absolutely right.....

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    I HATE going to the one down the road from me because there are to many ghetto types around, especially those trying to sell pirated CD and other crap out of their car... gunmen already robbed a woman right at that same location some months ago too.
    My wife's bestfriend calledandtoldheshehadbeen to that WM earlier the day. She told my wife that it was the ex-boyfriend of the girl who was shot. She echo's your 'discreption' of that WM's clientel. Always be prepared.......you just never know.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I don't think in this situation a CCW holder LEO or any other armed individual would of made a difference.It sounds like he walked in shot her and then killed himself,pretty much 0 reaction time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links