BAD: Two Drivers (ccw), Wife Charged After Shots Fired On I-94

This is a discussion on BAD: Two Drivers (ccw), Wife Charged After Shots Fired On I-94 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; DETROIT - Three people have been charged after a road rage incident Sunday in Macomb County. The Macomb County Sheriff's Office said Dion Griffin, 47, ...

Thread: BAD: Two Drivers (ccw), Wife Charged After Shots Fired On I-94

BAD: Two Drivers (ccw), Wife Charged After Shots Fired On I-94

DETROIT - Three people have been charged after a road rage incident Sunday in Macomb County.

The Macomb County Sheriff's Office said Dion Griffin, 47, and Dorian Hatchett, 31, fired shots at each other while driving on a stretch of Interstate 94 between Detroit to Chesterfield Township.

Both Griffin and Hatchett were charged with two felony counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, operating while intoxicated and a misdemeanor CCW violation. Their bonds were set at $10,000.

More.
    3 Charged In Road Rage Case - ClickonDetroit.com- msnbc.com

2. Remove Ads

Sucks that some if not all of these knuckleheads appear to be ccw permit holders.

However, DWI and Assault with a Dangerous Weapon are just that, and if convicted they deserve serious prison time.

I just hope they weren't forum members here.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsico View Post
    DETROIT - Three people have been charged after a road rage incident Sunday in Macomb County.

The Macomb County Sheriff's Office said Dion Griffin, 47, and Dorian Hatchett, 31, fired shots at each other while driving on a stretch of Interstate 94 between Detroit to Chesterfield Township.

Both Griffin and Hatchett were charged with two felony counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, operating while intoxicated and a misdemeanor CCW violation. Their bonds were set at $10,000.

More.
    3 Charged In Road Rage Case - ClickonDetroit.com- msnbc.com
    OK, my impression here is that no one in this incident had a CCW license, they were all charged with carrying WITHOUT a license.

The reporter screwed up, again.
    On purpose? Who knows?
    I venture to say, not on purpose, just ignorant.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Yeah, My Bad for making the assumption they were permit holders.

Seems being charged for carrying a concealed weapon, not permit holders.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I read the story and it is not clear if shooters involved were authorized for ccw, I hope they were not. Stupid stupid stupid people.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

It appears they are CPL holders..

From detnews.com - Three charged after Macomb road rage incident ends in gunfire | detnews.com | The Detroit News

"Dion Griffin and Hatchett have been charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, drunk driving and being intoxicated while carrying a concealed weapon -- a violation of his CCW permit, according to Hackel. The assault charge is a 4-year felony. Bond for each of the men was set at $10,000 cash.

Lisa Griffin was charged with being intoxicated while carrying a concealed weapon, a 93-day misdemeanor. Her bond was set at $100. "

Damn that sucks...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

yep,read the same story. said they were cpl holders. i beileve were cpl holders
    is a good way to put it. those days are over for them.(and just as well)
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

It just goes to show that even tho you might be able to get a CCW,CHL,CPL whatever.You gotta have more than 2 brain cells to retain it.I believe with the weapons violations their weapons posession days are over if convicted
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Let me guess, they all were on the way home from a visit to a strip club. :p

Seriously though this is a prime example of why we citizens have got to keep ti together and act right.
    If you're carrying then that means no alcohol period. Not just one beer or a glass of wine. Nothing but juice, soda, and water. Period.

Get caught or busted doing stupid stuff like this and we all suffer for it.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I have to wonder if the altercation started elsewhere, since they were all drunk maybe they started at the same place? Dunno, it just seems that even if one cut the other off in traffic, it's still legit self defense if the other started shooting. None of them should have been drinking and driving or carrying, but the "victim" carload should not be convicted of felony assault.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Man, I love ya Janq... But, you and that Strip Club, you gotta let go of the Strip Club dude.

+1
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Seriously though this is a prime example of why we citizens have got to keep ti together and act right.
    If you're carrying then that means no alcohol period. Not just one beer or a glass of wine. Nothing but juice, soda, and water. Period.

Get caught or busted doing stupid stuff like this and we all suffer for it.

Excellent post.

Every time someone with a CCW gets pumped up on booze and causes an incident with a gun it makes all of us look bad.

Links