Bulldozer attack (merged)

This is a discussion on Bulldozer attack (merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened in Israel today: 2 cops lightly hurt, terrorist shot dead in Jerusalem attack | Israel | Jerusalem Post Bulldozer overturns police car near ...

Thread: Bulldozer attack (merged)

This happened in Israel today:

2 cops lightly hurt, terrorist shot dead in Jerusalem attack | Israel | Jerusalem Post

Bulldozer overturns police car near Malha Mall in 3rd such attack in less than a year; speedy response of passerby stops continued rampage; Hamas praises terrorist act.

One witness, a taxi driver identified as "Dor," told Israel Radio that he chased the driver as he witnessed the attack.

"I saw the police car fly into the air. He flipped it over twice, then continued dragging it toward a bus that was stuck in traffic," he said. He told the station that he had fired four shots at the man, wounding him. "Then a policeman came with his M-16 and finally finished him off," he added.

Once again proof, as if any more is needed, that a legally armed civilian can often stop the threat before the police even arrive.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Administrator
    I've never been, but I always thought that the Israeli citizen were better armed than the average American.

Good job on the Taxi guys part. I'm suprised this doesnt happen more often here. The construction sites are full of heavy equipment, and they almost always leave the keys in the vehicle.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Good quick response by civilians. An M16 is always nice too.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Israel for CC Model

Another bulldozer attack in Israel provides an excellent demonstration of armed citizens at work. A Palestinian drives a bulldozer into two buses and a police car and is shot by an armed Israeli taxi driver.

FOXNews.com - Bulldozer Goes on Rampage in Israel, Driver Killed - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

The same thing happened last year, this time stopped by an off duty soldier who was carrying concealed.

Palestinian 'terrorist' in earth-mover rampage - Israel-Palestinians- msnbc.com

The video from the the attack last year. (Graphic)

YouTube - Israeli Police shoot Palestinian terrorist on Bulldozer Rampage

America would have NO crime if the same percentage of Americans were armed as are armed in Israel.

Ah you put this out while I was typing mine!

VIP Member
    They know how and are willing to take care of business!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

It helps when everyone is required to serve in the military and gets weapons training while in the service. That idea would be political suicide here but it would do more than decrease crime. It would be beneficial across the board.

Ron
    I have been to Israel and it is interesting to see open carry of handguns with no one even giving it a second thought.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Links