Got-it-all --Arrest, chase, shots, guard dogs, home invasion

This is a discussion on Got-it-all --Arrest, chase, shots, guard dogs, home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Invasion, dog attack, shots, chase: Gates man nabbed | democratandchronicle.com | Democrat and Chronicle Invasion, dog attack, shots, chase: Gates man nabbed Victoria E. Freile ...

Thread: Got-it-all --Arrest, chase, shots, guard dogs, home invasion

VIP Member

Invasion, dog attack, shots, chase: Gates man nabbed | democratandchronicle.com | Democrat and Chronicle

Invasion, dog attack, shots, chase: Gates man nabbed
    Victoria E. Freile • March 6, 2009

A Gates man is facing numerous felony charges following a home-invasion robbery in northwest Rochester that involved startled pit bulls and a car pursuit through the city late yesterday.

Rochester Police Lt. Laura Grande said two young men armed with guns knocked on a door of a residence on Villa Street just after 11 p.m. yesterday. When a 19-year-old male answered the door, the two armed men pushed him into the building’s entryway and started going through his pockets. They took about $50 cash from the teen.

At the same time, the victim’s mother entered the room and released two pit bull dogs on the armed men, Grande said.

The victim, whose name was not released, attempted to grab one of the weapons — a sawed-off shotgun — which then discharged and hit a wall inside the home, she said. The noise apparently startled both dogs, which then “proceeded to bite just about everybody,” Grande said. Both the suspects and the 19-year-old victim were reportedly bitten.

The two suspects fled the house on foot. While leaving, one of the suspects fired at the pit bulls, but missed. The round, however, hit something in the area, which caused debris to strike the 19-year-old resident in the face, Grande said.

One suspect ran from the scene; the other entered a car and sped away, she said. Officers arrived at the house as the man was driving away and a pursuit followed. After about 15 minutes, the chase ended near the corner of North and St. Jacob streets in northeast Rochester, Grande said. No injuries were reported as a result of the pursuit, she added.

According to City Court records, officers had emergency lights and sirens activated as they followed Vazquez. During the pursuit, Vazquez is accused running several stop signs, running at least one red light and speeding. The pursuit reached speeds of 45 mph in a 30 mph zone, according City Court records.

Officers charged Daniel J. Vazquez, 18, of Gates with first-degree robbery, first-degree burglary, second-degree assault and fourth-degree grand larceny, all felonies, Grande said. He was also charged with unlawfully fleeing a police officer and reckless endangerment, both misdemeanors, as well as several traffic infractions, accordoing City Court documents.

Vazquez pleaded not guilty in City Court this morning and was remanded to the Monroe County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail or $75,000 bond, according to City Court records. He is slated to return to court for a preliminary hearing at 11 a.m. Wednesday March 11.

Police did not locate either gun, Grande said. The teen victim was taken to Strong Memorial for treatment, she said. His injuries were not considered life-threatening.

it is not clear whether the others sought medical treatment.

Grande said the residents asked for the city’s Animal Control office to remove the dogs from the house.

Officers today are still searching for the second suspect. He was described at a white or Hispanic man who wears glasses and is 5 feet, 11 inches tall. At the time of the robbery, the man was wearing dark jeans and a black coat with fur on the hood and a face mask. He was reportedly carrying a shotgun.

Anyone with information is asked to call 911.

VFREILE@DemocratandChronicle.com
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

That reads like the script to a comedy criminal caper.
    Everybody loses including even both dogs too.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Sounds like the pit bulls were the victims. The teenager as well.
    Thunder9

DEMOCRACY is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
    LIBERTY is a well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

That reads like the script to a comedy criminal caper.
    Everybody loses including even both dogs too.

- Janq
    First thing that came to my mind was a "Keystone Cops" movie.

The victims will be the public at-large when the felons are allowed to plear bargain down to the traffic violations.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

This whole thing is just one big comedy of horrors.

Although, I'm wondering who owned the dogs. Even with the bad rap they get, that's the one thing you can count on...Pits are loyal to their owner to the end no matter what.

So if they got so bad and so riled up during the attack that they were attacking the residents who then called animal control to take the dogs...who did the dogs really belong too...?

A few things seem to be missing from this story me thinks...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Poor dogs. They deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Poor dogs. They deserve better.
    +1.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I bet that 19 yr old thinks twice before answering a knock at 11pm.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Something tells me the mom owned the pits and maybe 19 yr old was visiting,so dogs started attacking every stranger after shot went off.I wish there was a video I could see some Benny Hill background music
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Something tells me the mom owned the pits and maybe 19 yr old was visiting,so dogs started attacking every stranger after shot went off.I wish there was a video I could see some Benny Hill background music
    LOL... Benny Hill. Excellent!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

We now know for a fact that most if not all home invasions are revenge or a drug ripoff,BGs are lazy and dont want a confrontation unless they know its worth the risk.The whole story had a less than pleasent smell.

Sponsored Links