Pizza man says he feared for his life - Page 2

Pizza man says he feared for his life

This is a discussion on Pizza man says he feared for his life within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And remember your getting paid minimum wage plus a mileage fee (depending on where you work) so that you can be beatin, robbed, or killed. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And remember your getting paid minimum wage plus a mileage fee (depending on where you work) so that you can be beatin, robbed, or killed.

What a world!

I would carry if I did his line of work too.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

There is a poll here about halfway down on the right... Hit it here:
    Local News, Weather and Sports from around the Midlands - Powered by WACH
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

EdC
    Ok, I'm going play devil's advocate here. There's a legal doctrine called "respondeat superior" which means that, in many circumstances, the employer is responsible for the actions of an employee performed within the course of employment. If a Pizza Hut delivery guy on a delivery hits someone with his car through negligence, Pizza Hut's responsible. If a Pizza Hut delivery guy shoots at a BG, misses, hits a bystander, Pizza Hut's responsible. Also, there are way, imperfect as they may be, for Pizza Hut to check on someone's comptency as a driver. Also, Pizza Hut can insure against driver negligence. Seems to me that there's a rational reason for having the no firearm policy on the books. I'm sure many of you can think of at least one person that was next to you on a shooting range that you wouldn't want to be held responsible for their actions while shooting.

Quoted from EdC, "I'm sure many of you can think of at least one person that was next to you on a shooting range that you wouldn't want to be held responsible for their actions while shooting."

Very true, but I am just saying that these guys and girls work in a dangerous occupation. How can we as a people not feel for them as they work trying to make ends meet, while dodging thugs, BG's or whatever you want to call them. They are not LEO's or soldiers who are trained to respond appropriately. So are we saying they should just suck it up while being thrown to the wolves?
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    Ok, I'm going play devil's advocate here. There's a legal doctrine called "respondeat superior" which means that, in many circumstances, the employer is responsible for the actions of an employee performed within the course of employment. If a Pizza Hut delivery guy on a delivery hits someone with his car through negligence, Pizza Hut's responsible. If a Pizza Hut delivery guy shoots at a BG, misses, hits a bystander, Pizza Hut's responsible. Also, there are way, imperfect as they may be, for Pizza Hut to check on someone's comptency as a driver. Also, Pizza Hut can insure against driver negligence. Seems to me that there's a rational reason for having the no firearm policy on the books. I'm sure many of you can think of at least one person that was next to you on a shooting range that you wouldn't want to be held responsible for their actions while shooting.
    What you have said is true. However Pizza Hut carries liability insurance against their employees causing car accidents. They could also carry liability insurance against an employee in a shooting situation That they choose not to says (in a way) that they value the lives of their employees less than the premiums would cost them.

IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    Just a little thought, could Pizza Hut claim that a self defense shooting would not fall under the scope of employment, therefore removing itself from vicarious liability of actions of an agent?
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links