Pizza man says he feared for his life

This is a discussion on Pizza man says he feared for his life within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good article: link Too bad Pizza Hut is boneheaded and doesn't allow their employees to defend themselves. A pizza deliveryman, who said Monday he has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza man says he feared for his life

Pizza man says he feared for his life

Good article: link

Too bad Pizza Hut is boneheaded and doesn't allow their employees to defend themselves.

A pizza deliveryman, who said Monday he has been held up twice before, fired shots that killed a teenager during a holdup because he feared he would die and not see his wife and 5-year-old daughter again.

“I believe everyone has the right to defend themselves if their lives are threatened,” Christopher Miller, 43, said in a statement issued through police.

Miller, who said he has delivered pizza for about 10 years, has resigned because Pizza Hut bans employees’ carrying weapons, corporate spokesman Chris Fuller said.

2. Remove Ads

Pizza Hut.... Now with free delivery if you are armed!

That is a shame man. The guy has an actual dangerous job and the employer wont allow them to arm themselves.

I dont eat Pizza Hut. Mostly cause I dont like it. Their policy is just some icing on the cake.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Better unemployed than dead by the hands of a punk@$$ teenage criminal.

Pizza Hut will allow you to defend yourself, but they don't allow you to carry guns.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Too bad even fi his manager supported his actions, he'd still be pressured (rather, forced) by corporate to fire the employee.

Sad, but glad the guy was able to defend himself.

That stinks. Isn't Pizza Hut telling the BG's PLease rob our guys we don't allow them to carry.

Well, I typically don't get Pizza Hut, no particular reason...just don't. But now I have a reason not to, until they change their view. Just like elections have consequences, so do decisions like that.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Pizza Hut has had this policy for years. I have seen a few posts over the years about a pizza hut employee defending themselves then looking for a job.

Pizza Hut is afraid that the dead punks family would sue the company if they allow their people to carry.

I think these days, the list of company's that allow carry is smaller than the list of those that do not allow it.

That is the society we have created. God Bless America!

I don't eat Pizza Hut either, because this is not the first time they have fired or let an employee go for defending themselves!!!
    I can think of two times in the past!!!
    They will NOT get one red cent of my money, and I have always let others know about it!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Do any pizza delivery companies allow their employees to carry? Or is this pretty much how they all operate?
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

Quote Originally Posted by waynesan View Post
    Do any pizza delivery companies allow their employees to carry? Or is this pretty much how they all operate?
    Pretty much any large chain has a policy against it. That being said, there seems to be an understanding between many employees and managers/franchise owners that it's okay to carry a firearm, but they will have to be let go if they ever need to use it.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by waynesan View Post
    Yes...Dan's Gun Shop and Pizza Palace...

To the OP...times are getting worse for sure, but this driver did the right thing.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In a previous thread about the same incident, someone asked kind of snidely what happened to the pizzas. That's what really caught me reading this today.

"Metts said he thinks, but has no proof, they ate the $25.13 worth of pizza as Sturgill lay dying beside a driveway across the street from the delivery address.

“They took the pizzas and left; ... they were on the ground. We presume they ate the pizzas,” Metts said."

Seriously? What about anyone in the nearby houses? Nobody heard gunshots? Not only that, but those (*&^%) sat down and ate while their "friend" was bleeding out?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    Pizza Hut will allow you to defend yourself, but they don't allow you to carry guns.
    They'll allow you to carry guns, sure, but they won't allow you to retain your job if that fact is found out. Not unlike many short-sighted companies who operate in the mistaken belief that "pixie dust" appears on the Periodic Table of Elements.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links