VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged) - Page 2

VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged)

This is a discussion on VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Sailorcbr I turned on the news this morning and they were reporting this story. I turned to my wife and said "now ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorcbr View Post
    I turned on the news this morning and they were reporting this story. I turned to my wife and said "now you know why I carry all the time now".

I feel sorry for those that have lost family members, especially the deputy who lost his wife and child.
    Mall shootings, school shootings, all crazed maniacs killing people at random... and those political fools still think putting up a sighn saying "Gun free zone" is going to make people "safer." Just the same day there was a deadly school shooting in germany, leaving at lest many people dead: 16 dead after teen shooting rampage at German school - CNN.com

The usual idiots will use such tragedy to fuel their idiology, the belief that "banning evil assualt rifles" and even semi auto handguns will "end" the violence.... has any one of these people ever considered the fact that several decades ago THESE THINGS WERE NOT HAPPENING even though you could mail order a TOMMY GUN!?!
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

VIP Member
    I'm curious to know what kind of "assault rifle" can't defeat the soft armor most likely being worn by Geneva Police Chief Frankie Lindsey...

Basically, no soft armor can stop any centerfire rifle round, so either he was wearing plates, or he took a very glancing blow that perhaps had already gone through some obstacles, or this wasn't as "assault rifle."

Pretty messed up situation, in any case...murdering his extended family like that. I hope he died painfully.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    "car was hit with 7 slugs" so was it a shotgun or an assault rifle?? The use of the word slug has me wondering.
    My final thoughts are I hope and pray there is a Hell, and it is everything we fear and then some, and that this misguided soul is and will continue to experience all the pain it can inflict upon him.

I feel so very sorry for the rest of the victims and their family and friends.

Z
    With the media, honestly who knows? The news reporters in my area would have no clue and wouldn't know the difference from the term "round" or "slug" or "shell", to many in the media it's a bullet, and beyond that they are clueless.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Sad. It was an assault rifle for those asking. I know someone in Geneva who works with the local police there. The guy had several guns in the car but it looks like most of the damage was done with an AR. Although there was some idea that the people killed on the porch (including a Sheriff department officer's wife and baby) were shot with a handgun but that has been supposedly dismissed.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    This tragedy is a reminder...carry your gun, carry your gun, carry your gun! You never know when and where you might need it. Small town, big town, church, mall, or your own front porch.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

I wish the SOB would have started his rampage by shooting himself!! I can't stand cowards that do this kind of CRAP!! I will never understand it????? Just sad, very sad.
    Last edited by pgrass101; March 11th, 2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Removed langauge
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

Thanks for the update Fatcat; I'm depending on DC posters more and more to get the "real" story on shooting incidents in the mainstream news.

Another reminder to stay vigilant, and never leave home without it. I constantly hear LTC David Grossman's voice in the back of my mind each morning, and it annoys me enough to do a check everytime I start my car:

"But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...

"Baa."

My prayers are with the families impacted by this incident. Sad day in Germany, too. It's time some people wake up... next month marks ten years since Columbine. Stay alert.
    "...for all who draw the sword will die by the sword." Matthew 26:52

You wouldn't believe some of the idiotic comments being made at ABC news web site with the link to the story.

ABC News: Gunman Turns Small Alabama Town Into Slaughterhouse

we need to log on there and let them know the truth!

Several of the news reports are saying "automatic" weapon.
    I am assuming they are idiots (until proof is found otherwise) and that the gun was a semiauto.

Anyone hearing anything you think is accurate?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Several of the news reports are saying "automatic" weapon.
    I am assuming they are idiots (until proof is found otherwise) and that the gun was a semiauto.

Anyone hearing anything you think is accurate?
    He sprayed 30 rounds into his old workplace in less then a few seconds. I think he modified his gun into an actual "assualt rifle".

And I believe the words sprayed in a matter of seconds was used by witness to the porch killings.

So I am going to guess that he had an Full Auto.

VIP Member
    The papers and on line articles trumpet that he "had an arsenal left in his bedroom"

Here is what he had from the article:

The arsenal in accused gunman Terry Sedlacek's room included two 12-gauge shotguns, a rifle and a box of 550 .22-caliber bullets, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

If that be an arsenel, then I have an armory!

Isn't it bad enough what this sick person did without hyperbole?
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

This and the Germany situation will be used as a reason to re-institute the AWB. Go out on news sites and respond in the comments section. Point out how many "gun control" laws were violated by this guy. Either we define this, or we let gun control nuts define this.

CNN is reporting this AM that it was an "AK-47," a shotgun and pistols.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    This and the Germany situation will be used as a reason to re-institute the AWB. Go out on news sites and respond in the comments section. Point out how many "gun control" laws were violated by this guy. Either we define this, or we let gun control nuts define this.

CNN is reporting this AM that it was an "AK-47," a shotgun and pistols.
    I agree I went out onto alot of news sights and presented the all the laws he broke and how making a hundred thousand more would not have changed a thing in the criminals mind.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Is it me or does this kind of stuff seem to run in cycles? The sad part is; these cycles seem to run more often.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHorn View Post
    You wouldn't believe some of the idiotic comments being made at ABC news web site with the link to the story.

ABC News: Gunman Turns Small Alabama Town Into Slaughterhouse

we need to log on there and let them know the truth!
    I tried, but after reading the first 5 or so comments I got a headache and realized there's too many anti that have drank the cool-aid, been brainwashed, and can't think logically. I just can't do it.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links