VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged) - Page 3

VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged)

This is a discussion on VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am posting. I know it may fall on deaf ears but you have to hope to touch that one person and trigger that light ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am posting. I know it may fall on deaf ears but you have to hope to touch that one person and trigger that light bulb.
    "The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them." Mark Twain

We can only hope that he purchased the guns illegally. It will hurt a lot more if he went through all the hoops to legally get those guns. Obviously if he modified the semi auto to full auto then that is one strike against him. This one could sting a little as fare as owning ARs and AKs

There are so many different stories published. I have so far read:
    Shotgun
    AR-15
    Assault Rifles
    AK-47
    Semi-Automatic Pistol
    I agree with the gentleman who commented on the sherriff who was shot (supposedly with the "assault rifle") but the round was stopped by the bulletproof vest. Strange...
    I also want to comment on the radio feeds I'm hearing. Strong emphasis on the words, ASSAULT RIFLE, RAMPAGE and BLOODBATH. Are they trying to scare people? I can only imagine how people over there are feeling.
    "The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them." Mark Twain

The massacre in Germany happened in spite of the fact that they have the strictest gun laws in Europe......
    Guns are the teeth of the people.
    Political agendas are nothing more than tooth decay.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KCe39 View Post
    I also want to comment on the radio feeds I'm hearing. Strong emphasis on the words, ASSAULT RIFLE, RAMPAGE and BLOODBATH. Are they trying to scare people?

Just like the words "recession, quagmire, irrecoverable, bailout, once in a century, worst since the Great Depression"

News media are no longer used to inform, they are used to control. They control you through your thoughts and emotions, the President says the economy sucks and the Market falls. One day of not fear mongering and it starts to rise.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Can we get the title changed to reflect the total count of killed?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHorn View Post
    I agree I went out onto alot of news sights and presented the all the laws he broke and how making a hundred thousand more would not have changed a thing in the criminals mind.
    Tell that to the prostitutes on CNN (Commi News Network) and NPR (National Propaganda Radio).. these whores are already talking about how a "registration system" would have stopped these horrible things... more regulations, more laws, more "gun free zones" etc just means MORE LAWS BROKEN... and a good example is Columbin High school where those 2 dweebs crapped over all the laws... criminals LAUGH in the face of these laws.

IMHO the main reason why these things are happening in our sociaty is because of the decline of ethics and a moral compass (in that there is less respect for the value of life), as well as all the mind numbbing drugs used for depression, ADD etc... mix all this together and you get kids planning mass shootings and losers lossing girlfriends shooting children.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhite View Post
    We can only hope that he purchased the guns illegally. It will hurt a lot more if he went through all the hoops to legally get those guns. Obviously if he modified the semi auto to full auto then that is one strike against him. This one could sting a little as fare as owning ARs and AKs
    I heard the fool was once training to be a COP... I am pretty certain he would have been qualified to get a firearm, just like that IL school shooting where that broken hearted loser killed 5 people with a shotgun, the grad student simply baught the guns and planned out the massacre while staying at a MOTEL and drinking energy drinks.

IMHO the fact that the guns were legal or not will have vertually no impact on the way the media whores report such things.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    This part will not make the MSM

Quote:
    McLendon also opened fire on Bradley TrueValue Hardware store. Luckily, no one was injured.

We were just business as normal and all of a sudden there were bullets flying and glass was everywhere, owner David Bradley said. We realized what it was and grabbed our guns but then he was gone.
    I was actually shocked.....this was on one of the mainstream news sites word for word.

but then that may be so they can perpetuate their "too many guns on the streets" crap
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

IMO, anti-gun will hype, but this will not result in a net result of more regulation. Instead, I a see a reason for sales to increase yet again (justwhen I started to see ammo at Wal-Mart again).

Terrible situation, access to guns was not the problem. In addition, I'm not sure more people being armed would have changed much. If a person walks in with a full auto or select fire battle riflle, the odds are set against you when they spray and walk away...no goal other then fear and injury.

The VT situation was different, as a few armed people could have take out the gun man (in a confined area).

Even those in the hardware store were to late. The gunman was looking to hit targets and move on, he was not looking to say around for a gun fight. It is more like a drive by firearm hit and run.

Most of all, more information needed with out spin. I miss being able to just watch news...aka facts.

PS - Ya, if he left behind an "arsenal" in his room, then around 5% of the time, I carry the equivalent just as CC.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I keep hearing "automatic"... has this been confirmed?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

The anti's are at it already...

here is what the North Carolina brady bunch have to say today:

NCGV Members,

In the aftermath of yesterday's assault weapon rampage in Alabama, leaving 11 dead including the shooter, NCGV is working with America's leading national gun violence prevention organizations to call for an effective federal assault weapon ban.

NCGV offers our sympathies to the victims and families of this horrible tragedy and pledges to continue our work to prevent mass shootings and gun deaths through our public education, programming, and the passage of sensible gun legislation.

Yesterday reminded us all why the work we do is so important -- we can save lives, these events can be prevented.

And yet meanwhile in North Carolina some of our state's representatives are attempting to pass legislation that will weaken existing gun laws. In the last few months legislation has been proposed to allow guns into Family Restaurants, to allow concealed weapons into our State Parks and to prevent communities from enforcing safety standards on Shooting Ranges.

It's time to let our legislator know that we need them to work with us to save lives.

We need your help:

Assault Weapon Ban

Click HERE to contact your federal representative and tell them its time to pass an assault weapon ban that will bans these dangerous weapons once and for all.

North Carolina General Assembly

Click HERE to contact your state legislators and let them know you support sensible gun safety legislation that can save lives.

For more information visit our website: North Carolinians Against Gun Violence | To make North Carolina families safe from gun violence.
    My favorite is the reference to legislation that would "allow guns into Family Restaurants."

Of course the bill actually refers to allowing CHP holders to carry into a restaurant where alcohol is served. We can already carry in a restaurant that doesn't serve booze - which is what I would call a family restaurant.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    The victims included the wife and 18-month-old daughter of sheriff's Deputy Josh Myers, who was sent to chase McLendon. Myers did not know at the time that his wife and daughter were among the dead. His 4-month-old daughter was wounded in the attack.
    This is by far the worse part. The officer was sent out to handle possibly the worst case senario of his career, isn't able to catch up and deal with the guy directly, then finds out that that his wife and child were killed randomly by the same guy he was after.

I can't imagine going though something like that.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I thought it was 10 dead?

As I was watching the evening news tonight, they interviewed a neighbor of the first victim's home. He stated tht he saw the shooter hiding behind a car just yards in front of him. Then just watched as the man went in and killed those people including an 18 month old baby.
    My Question is where was HIS gun???? An armed puplic can prevent these sort of thing from escalating like it did. And all this talk of gun bans and gun free zones gets my blood boiling. I hate the fact that I cannot carry in my daughters school, I could not live with myself if anything happened at her school while I am there and there was nothing I or anyone else could do.
    I need to go get my blood pressure down to a reasonable level now!!
    Jay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links