VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged)

This is a discussion on VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 5 dead in Alabama shooting; FBI to assist investigation - CNN.com (CNN) -- A shooting in southern Alabama killed five people Tuesday afternoon, including the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged)

VERY BAD: 5 dead in Alabama shooting; (Merged)

5 dead in Alabama shooting; FBI to assist investigation - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A shooting in southern Alabama killed five people Tuesday afternoon, including the gunman, police confirmed.

The shooting happened in Samson, Alabama, about 15 miles from the Florida border, a police dispatcher told CNN.

Samson Police Chief Gary Weeks told a newspaper in nearby Dothan, Alabama, that the gunman was shot, but it wasn't immediately clear whether he shot himself or someone else shot him.

The FBI bureau in Mobile, Alabama, sent an agent to assist the Geneva County sheriff's office and local police, a spokeswoman for the FBI said.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

2. Remove Ads

Not much info here...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Not much info here...
    I heard this on the radio while I was driving from work... not much known but it sounded as if it was a rampaging maniac... SO FAR 8 PEOPLE DEAD... now they say it was he was driving down the road randomly shooting people!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508507,00.html
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Found this link
    Police: 7 shot, killed in 2 south Alabama towns

SAMSON, Ala. At least seven people were shot and killed Tuesday in south Alabama, including the gunman, officials said.

Six people were confirmed dead in the town of Samson, said police dispatcher Jim Stromenger.

Samson Police Chief Gary Weeks said the suspect was shot and killed. But it is unclear whether it was self-inflicted or whether he was shot by police near the Reliable Metal Products company outside neighboring Geneva.

Stromenger said the gunman started firing at a gas station in Samson, shooting a woman there.

He then went to a Samson home and shot five people, Stromenger said. He said it was unclear how the shooter might have been related to the people at the house.

Stromenger said the shooter then drove 12 miles east to Geneva "and apparently he shot some people there and he made it to Reliable metal and that's where the incident ended."

The suspect's name was not released.

The Alabama Bureau of Investigation said it would have a statement later on the shootings.

Reliable Metal Products makes grills and vents for heating and AC systems, mainly for hotels. A call to a person who answered the phone at the plant said no one could talk about the shooting.

The towns of Geneva and Samson are about 11 miles apart, and roughly 30 miles south of Fort Rucker, near the Florida border in southeast Alabama. Geneva's population is about 4,400 and Samson, 2,000.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Foxnews is saying up to 10 people dead. The killer apparently killed in one town and went to another.
    Seems this was a deranged individual.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Gunman kills nine, then himself, in rampage through Alabama towns of Kinston, Samson

From Gunman kills nine, then himself, in rampage through Alabama towns of Kinston, Samson and Geneva

An Alabama man with an assault weapon burned down his mother's house around her, shot his grandparents, aunt and uncle dead, then killed five other people Tuesday before turning the gun on himself, authorities said.

Officials in Geneva County near the Florida border identified the shooter only as white and in his 30s.

They gave no motive for the rampage that claimed victims in several homes in the small towns of Kinston, Samson and Geneva and along the highway connecting them.

Two of the dead were a sheriff's deputy's wife and 3-month-old child.

Several other people were injured, including Geneva Police Chief Frankie Lindsey, who was saved by his bulletproof vest, and a state trooper wounded by flying glass when his car was hit with seven slugs.

Investigators last night were looking into possible shootings in other locations.

"This is one of the most tragic events ever in Geneva County," state Sen. Harri Anne Smith said.

The carnage began in the late afternoon in Kinston, where the killer burned down his mother's home. It was unclear if the mother, who died, had been shot. Officials said the gunman then went to nearby Samson and shot his grandparents, aunt and uncle.

The sheriff deputy's wife and child were slaughtered in their mobile home, officials said. The shooter also killed another person at a Samson supply store and a woman at a service station, they said.

Cops said the gunman fired randomly at people as his maroon Mitsubishi Eclipse traveled along Highway 52 toward Geneva's Reliable Metal Products, which makes grills and vents for heating and air conditioning systems, mainly for hotels.

"He was just driving down the street shooting at people sitting on their porches," Smith said. "A family was just sitting on the porch and they were shot."

Cops caught up with the shooter at Reliable, where he was said to be a past or present employee.

After firing 30 rounds at the officers, he went inside and shot himself to death.
    The assault weapons ban is sure to follow this...

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    This is going to be fuel for the AWB fire for sure.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Distinguished Member
    "car was hit with 7 slugs" so was it a shotgun or an assault rifle?? The use of the word slug has me wondering.

My final thoughts are I hope and pray there is a Hell, and it is everything we fear and then some, and that this misguided soul is and will continue to experience all the pain it can inflict upon him.

I feel so very sorry for the rest of the victims and their family and friends.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I was hearing about this a little while ago on my local news. Was in the other room studying, but I heard some of the details and it sounds absolutely horrible...
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

yeah, I heard about this on my local news, sounds awful
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by cred View Post
    They should just ban 'maroons'...
    At least this doufus saved taxpayers additional costs...
    Sad day for many families though...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    They're reporting eleven dead this morning, including the gunman.

Bad deal all around--this area's about 60-or-so miles Northwest of us.

Here's a link to the Dothan Eagle story

VIP Member
    This part will not make the MSM

McLendon also opened fire on Bradley TrueValue Hardware store. Luckily, no one was injured.

“We were just business as normal and all of a sudden there were bullets flying and glass was everywhere,” owner David Bradley said. “We realized what it was and grabbed our guns but then he was gone.”
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Anytime. Anywhere.

Imagine having to deal with this incoming "bonfire" as it arrives at the parking lot or store where you happen to be standing at the moment. What ... would ... you ... do.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I turned on the news this morning and they were reporting this story. I turned to my wife and said "now you know why I carry all the time now".

I feel sorry for those that have lost family members, especially the deputy who lost his wife and child.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links