Illegal shoots cop in cold blood - Page 3

Illegal shoots cop in cold blood

This is a discussion on Illegal shoots cop in cold blood within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by libertarian5 Illegals come to work because US employers hire them. Half-truth. The other half is that if they had half the "pride" ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Illegal shoots cop in cold blood

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian5 View Post
    Illegals come to work because US employers hire them.
    Half-truth. The other half is that if they had half the "pride" they demonstrate on our streets and half the cojones they swing in front of our media, they would take some of our horrible "illegal" guns south, burn 2/3 of Mexico city, hang 80% of the politicians and siege the cartel-cities. But that would require real work, without someone else picking up the infrastructure and support systems.

First of all, Bagdad is not secure.

I just got home after spending a month on the Mexican Border. The buildup of forces and technology there is is incredible. The roads and the backcountry are crawling with law enforcement. I had a long conversaton with two officers I encountered while backpacking there. (I was caught by electronic surveillance and they came to check it out) As they see it, as long as people in the US continue to buy drugs on the black market, there will be those who come. The answer is to decriminalize marijuana like we did liquor and put an end to the bootlegging. This would put a real crimp on the cartels in Mexico and give law enforcement on both sides the break they need. They also were strongly in favor of some sort of true immigration reform that would crack down on employers and create an enforcable guest worker program.

I was a bit suprised to hear this from enforcement folks, but I must say I entirely agree.

They have a wall where I was that is 10 feet high. It is breached, burrowed under, and climbed over every day. The backcountry is trashed - there are tons of garbage along the trails consisting of food wrappers, cans, plastic water bottles, broken bicycles, and Pampers left by mothers carrying babies. It's a mess.
    i agree w/this also,any thinking person would. its the answer to many problems.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Illegals come to work because US employers hire them.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Bingo!

I said for years that the the most of the problem could be stopped by Federal fines collected from the employers who hire them -- major fines, which escalate geometrically for repeat offenses.

If the jobs dried up, most of the problem would.

The remaining problems, could be solved by treating "Illegals" as haven done something that is illegal (e.g., true criminals not just uninvited guest) with hard time before shipping them home. A US citizen doesn't get a free ride home when they break the law -- let's see you are from "X" State and you broke the law here in "Y" State so we are going to pay your way home.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

An undocumented new resident made a mistake in judgement, probably as a result of cultural and/or language differences. Why is everyone so upset???
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Police refuse to arrest illegals breaking the law, and then cops get shot.

Illegals rob, rape, and kill citizens, engage in drugs and human trafficking... but if it's not cops getting shot, I guess the rest of us are just supposed to put up with it.
    Now, Phoenix is supposed to be the number two kidnap city in the world.

Color me unsympathetic.

If cops don't want to be shot by illegals, they should arrest the illegals they encounter who are breaking other laws. Handcuff them to the doors of the local ICE office!

Every time I hear a news story of an illegal arrested for a serious crime, I hear about his record of arrests, convictions, sometimes deportations, and more arrests.

And then a cop gets shot.

Don't cry to us.
    Do your JOB!

Phoenix just took number one this year. I just moved from there August 08.

Travis... Most if not all the LEO's I know are openly very vocal about not wanting those scumbags walking around their communities any more than the rest of us do.

The problem is, all rank and file LEO's get their marching orders from higher up.

If judges and prosecutors say, don't be cluttering up my court room and court docket with certain types of cases, the individual officers who say, screw that idea, I'm making arrests anyway certainly won't be making those arrests for very long.

You have to have support from the suits and the bosses or you won't have a job.

I have an idea... For every cop killed by an illegal alien criminal, lets put the mayor, judge and prosecutor in prison. I bet we'd see sanctuary cities dry up in a month or two.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That's pretty thin.

If police are permitting known crimininals to run free, they may as well quit and get honest jobs.

As I understand it, police everywhere have unions, and have been quite effective in pushing agendas on the suits.

Are the unions on the side of law, or the illegals?

If the public has no confidence in the police or the courts, the only law comes from the clans and gangs that citizens will form for self defense.

When I look to my urban tribe for law, the police are worse than useless.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    As I understand it, police everywhere have unions, and have been quite effective in pushing agendas on the suits.

Are the unions on the side of law, or the illegals?
    Not everywhere. Where I live LEO's make about $25k-$28k/yr. And while the local deputies may belong to the State Sheriff's Deputies Assoc. (quasi union) they certainly do not negotiate their job contracts and such. Same for the FOP with our local city police.

I'm sure the strength of union support or influence has a definite geographical ratio. Poor rural counties with small demographics definitely have stark differences of influence than say major cities.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Travis, my understanding is that officers have to get some sort of training or certification from the Border Patrol or whatever they are called now to arrest people JUST for being illegals. Problem is, the city government won't allow/pay for it in most cities. I think some county in Arizona just underwent some of it, maybe a city or two, but for the most part, due to a ruling from-either a court during the Carter years or a Carter admin rule, municipal officers CAN'T arrest people JUST for being illegal. I remember back when we could. Now, we have to have an "original" state or city charge, and call ICE to come get them. It is not that we don't want to, we CAN'T.
    Blame the suits.
    There are some things being done by officers at local levels, but it is just not discussed. Not illegal, but just not discussed.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links