Bad dog....No hot dogs!!

Bad dog....No hot dogs!!

This is a discussion on Bad dog....No hot dogs!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Wieners point to prime gun-theft suspect | Fish Head Police: Wieners point to prime gun-theft suspect March 10, 2009 • 7:37 pm By J.R. ...

Thread: Bad dog....No hot dogs!!

VIP Member

Bad dog....No hot dogs!!

Police: Wieners point to prime gun-theft suspect | Fish Head

Police: Wieners point to prime gun-theft suspect
    March 10, 2009 • 7:37 pm
    By J.R. Absher
    Authorities in Bridgewater, NJ believe the three men arrested for stealing eight guns from a home in the city’s Finderne section on March 3 committed the burglary by distracting the homeowner’s devoted (but hungry) Labrador retriever, intentionally scattering pieces of raw hotdogs around the home and property.

Police say they were led to the primary suspect in the case after reviewing surveillance video from the Finderne Twin City Supermarket, where he allegedly purchased the hot dogs used to divert the Lab from paying attention to the trio’s nefarious activities.

The Star-Ledger reports that Ronald Elizondo, 20, and 18-year-olds Adrian McCoy and Tyshiune Haskins were charged with second-degree burglary, conspiracy to commit burglary, unlawful possession of a handgun and other offenses, according to Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest. Bail was set at $50,000.

Among the items reported stolen were three shotguns, two rifles, three handguns and ammunition, along with other items of value. The firearms were legally owned by the burglary victim.
    Bad dog....No hot dogs!!

I guess the moral is make sure your watch dog is well fed. The original article I read on this stated they were able to trace the hot dogs because the BG's had left the wrappers at the scene of the burglary .

Quote Originally Posted by archer51;1062652

[I
    I guess the moral is make sure your watch dog is well fed. [/I]

Yeah, right!

Our dog could have just polished off a full Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings, but would still drag her sorry, fat butt across 30 yds of broken glass if she thought there might be a bit of hotdog in it for her!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Yeah, right!

Our dog could have just polished off a full Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings, but would still drag her sorry, fat butt across 30 yds of broken glass if she thought there might be a bit of hotdog in it for her!
    Same with my voracious little dogs.

They would eat until they couldn't breathe if I let them.

My Lab is a highly trained hot dog eating machine...I think like most Labs, this doggie did exactly what is expected. Mine will alert very well to noises outside, but if Jason Voorhees broke into my home wielding a chainsaw - she would do everything in her power to draw attention to herself by wiggle wagging and running hot laps until she gets some belly rubbing.

My two Labs - all 190 pounds' worth - will wake me in the middle of the night with blood-curdling howls, followed by raucous barking, in the event of a voice or uinusual noise outside. That's about the most I can expect from them inside the house. After the door gets broken down, they'd be all over the intruders looking to get ears scratched. Oh, and the female might just lick you to death.

My lab would not only eat their wieners but would point out any guns they missed if she thought they would feed her more
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a Black Lab/ Boxer mix that would eat the 3 guys, and the hot dogs. Rufus is one mean motor scooter , despite my best efforts to train him to be nicer.

Sponsored Links