Police Officer Arrested On Weapon Charges - Page 2

Police Officer Arrested On Weapon Charges

This is a discussion on Police Officer Arrested On Weapon Charges within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; LEO's don't make charges. DA's office makes charges and LEO's make arrests....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Police Officer Arrested On Weapon Charges

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    LEO's don't make charges. DA's office makes charges and LEO's make arrests.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

The story says it was a traffic incident. Was he involved in the incident? Did he pull a gun on the other motorist? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Maybe he chased down a bank robber while off duty. Wanna bet?

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Hummm...the Colonel police chief would disagree with you. I believe LEOs will not throw their own under the bus...unless the evidence was convincing and overwhelming.

Rick
    There's no evidence the man was thrown under the bus by his chief. His comments are pretty standard fare whenever I hear about alleged police misconduct
    "These alleged actions, if found to be true, would bring dishonor to a department that is recognized for its professional reputation."
    If you can show me evidence that Mr. Dupuis is known for keeping his yap shut when talking to reporters, I'll retract my statement. Some Chiefs are politicians at heart and can't shut up in front of a camera.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    LEO's don't make charges. DA's make charges and LEO's make arrests.
    Yep...and DA's don't act in a bubble/vaccum either. But thanks for the clarification.

Now let me see...DA throws a LEO under the bus (of course, with no coordination with the police chief) based only on "allegations" and with no concerns for the health of the force nor the public view of the force??? Ok...whatever fills your boat on perception. But if true, I'm sure many LEOs there would not feel very "motivated" to going above and beyond for the DA or police chief. Hence...

Rick

What a DOPE!! Guess his badge went to his head, and found it was empty when it got there.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

The way people critisize LEO even when they are in uniform, the guy could easily be justified.
    Excuse me?
    Are you saying that because someone might have been rude or called him a name he could be justified in his action of brandishing?
    Did I understand what you wrote correctly or did I misinterpret it.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Alright, you all can have it your way. Lets all get a bucket of rocks and go down there and stone the guy to death. Forgive me for giving the LEO the benifit of the doubt and refusing to condemn the man before he's tried in front of his peers. Remember, someday you could be the headline and what do you want people saying about you before you've had your day in court? Good people have never been charged and found innocent? Sometimes I get really disgusted here.

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    Excuse me?
    Are you saying that because someone might have been rude or called him a name he could be justified in his action of brandishing?
    Did I understand what you wrote correctly or did I misinterpret it.
    I'm sorry, I guess you must have been there when it happened and witnessed the whole thing? Or are you believing what you read in the paper before the guy has had a chance to defend himself?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar

Here's one that got away.....

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

I believe that the unemployment stats for next month will be ONE person higher.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    I thank you are right.

Maybe because he's LEO it's more important that he's found innocent in court rather than failing to charge him? Imagine the public outcry if a faction believes he was in the wrong and the 'police brushed it under the rug'? Next thing you know, there's riots in the streets.
    Ya, but thanks to the wonders of the Brady Campaign, they would be GUN-LESS riots. Therefore, they are perfectly safe and there is no reason to worry.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Some departments tell the officers to immediatly use a tazer if they don't get immediate compliance. Some of these officers are so used to everybody being forced to listen to them that they automatically think everybody must obey them 24/7.

I had a road rage incedent with an off duty LEO here in MI not long ago. I was apparently driving to slow for the guy, he got out of his car and shoved his badge in my face, like I was supposed to be impressed. I said I needed to see his ID, because a badge can be obtained at the toy department, when he finally showed it I quickly used the camera phone to snap a pic.

This pissed him off even more, I got 911 on the cell and told the guy claiming to be a cop I would dispatch him if came any closer. The cops showed up real fast after that. After about 5 minutes the on duty cop pulled me aside and suggested I file a complaint with the guys department.

It was about 6 months ago and nothing ever happened after I filed a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    The fact that he was charged and arrested seems to speak volumes. Just speculating, but believe LEOs don't arrest other LEOs unless the evidence is clear.

Rick

Totally false, where I am a LEO in NY it doesn't matter if your a LEO or not, you get cuffed and stuffed for committing a serious crime. No one is going to risk losing there job for some jack ass!
    One more step and it's on!

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Totally false, where I am a LEO in NY it doesn't matter if your a LEO or not, you get cuffed and stuffed for committing a serious crime. No one is going to risk losing there job for some jack ass!
    You proved my point...think about it.

Rick

Is there any reason given why he pulled a weapon or just the usual press that only prints one side of the story?
    Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.-Joseph T. Chew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links