Security Guard kills club patron

This is a discussion on Security Guard kills club patron within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is a really ugly incident. Cactus Jack's Guard Shoots and Kills Patron Danya Bacchus March 14, 2009 FAST FACTS: Jason Morin Shot and Killed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security Guard kills club patron

Security Guard kills club patron

This is a really ugly incident.

Cactus Jack's Guard Shoots and Kills Patron

Danya Bacchus
    March 14, 2009

FAST FACTS:

Jason Morin Shot and Killed By Security Guard
    Cactus Jack's Guard Questioned By Police
    Morin's Family Not Sure Why He Was Killed
    danya.bacchus@wreg.com

(Memphis 03/14/2009) Dawn Roberts is in Pain. She's wondering why a Catcus Jack's security guard shot and killed her step brother, Jason Morin.

"Why this had to happen I don't understand." "Every one here knows that he likes to have fun. Every time he's here he usually does doughnuts. He goes up that hill and then comes back down," said Roberts.

But it was that ride that cost Jason his life. Roberts says a man, who didn't identify himself as a security guard, approached Morin's car with a shotgun.

"Jason got out, he held his hands up and said what's going on, everything's alright I'm leaving," said Roberts.

Police say there was some sort of altercation then Jason was shot. Roberts can't imagine why, "I mean five times in the chest. Jason does not carry a gun. He's never carried a gun or knives."

A representative for Cactus Jack's says security has been tight around the club especially after a car ran into the building last Sunday. Morin's car was in a no parking zone.

"Due to the situations we've been in, in the last month, the other three incidents we've had there are certain areas we keep restricted which are vulnerable parts of the building and that vehicle was in one of the vunerable parts of the building," said Darren Grimes.

Grimes isn't sure what happened but he trust the security company handled the situation properly. That's no consolation to Roberts and Morin's young children who'll now grow up without a father.

"He's just a really good man and I can't believe he's gone and I can't believe over doing doughnuts in the parking lot somebody would do that to him," said Roberts.

"I would like to believe that there was a situation where they had to do that but as far as me knowing for sure I'd have to rely 100% on the police report from the investigation," said Grimes.

Police are still investigating. They were questioning the security Saturday.
    Copyright 2009, WREG-TV

This adds a little more information:

Cactus Jacks Shooting

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Doesn't this fall under the rule of stupids? Stupid people, stupid places, doing stupid things?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

So do I understand correctly he was unarmed, and the security guard shot him five times in the chest with a shotgun?
    There is either a lot more to this story than we are being told, or someone shouldn't bother paying for a lawyer. It would just be a waste of cash.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So do I understand correctly he was unarmed, and the security guard shot him five times in the chest with a shotgun?
    There is either a lot more to this story than we are being told, or someone shouldn't bother paying for a lawyer. It would just be a waste of cash.
    According to the broadcast from the location, he argued with the security guard and the guard pulled a shotgun. They struggled and Morin got the shotgun and pointed it at the guard. At that point the guard pulled a pistol and shot him. Makes you wonder though, where was the guard carrying the shotgun? Anyone want to take a guess at whether Morin was under the influence. Seems a little strange someone in their late 30's doing donuts in the parking lot.
    Last edited by archer51; March 16th, 2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    According to the broadcast from the location, he argued with the security guard and the guard pulled a shotgun. They struggled and Morin got the shotgun and pointed it at the guard. At that point the guard pulled a pistol and shot him. Makes you wonder though, where was the guard carrying the shotgun?
    This is interesting.

I think the story is still developing. My speculation is that there was no guard "carrying" a shotgun, but rather the guard got his shotgun when the driver of the car acted recklessly. During the ensuing argument, the above occurred.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Once again, a story where the real fact just dribble out, and the family whines and moans about the guy getting shot for "doing donuts"; when in fact (it's beginning to sound like) he assaulted and battered a security guard and then pointed a deadly weapon at him.

Frankly, as the facts have started dribbling out, it sounds more and more like a case of "good bye, bad guy" to me...

Quote Originally Posted by sigpack View Post
    That's no consolation to Roberts and Morin's young children who'll now grow up without a father.
    Okay, O.T. I know, but didn't it say that Morin, (the 'victim') was Robert's step brother? But.....they have children together?
    I read it several times, and I don't see it any other way.

Uh yeah..... Not gonna say anything else.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Oh and......

Quote Originally Posted by sigpack View Post
    "Every one here knows that he likes to have fun. Every time he's here he usually does doughnuts. He goes up that hill and then comes back down," said Roberts.
    Not that it justifies lethal force in and of itself, but because he 'always' destroys private property when he's there, it makes it okay?
    This is the law;
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaShepardRU View Post
    Okay, O.T. I know, but didn't it say that Morin, (the 'victim') was Robert's step brother? But.....they have children together?

That's no consolation to Roberts and Morin's young children who'll now grow up without a father.
    The sentence above could be taken two ways.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I don't read it that way. The way I read it, and with the addition of one word, the way I believe it should read is:
    That's no consolation to Roberts and to Morin's young children who'll now grow up without a father.
    Two separate entities. Roberts (his step sister) and separately, his young children.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

You are reading it wrongly.

His cousins name is "Roberts" as in Robert with an 'S'.
    The victim has the last name of Morin. In American English when using the possessive an apostrophe and suffix of 's' is added to the name of association.

The newspaper states;

Grimes isn't sure what happened but he trust the security company handled the situation properly. That's no consolation to Roberts and Morin's young children who'll now grow up without a father.
    Meaning no consolation to Morin family relative as a cousin by relation, Ms. Roberts [singular], and the children of Mr. Morin possessive who all have now endured loss.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

A little old to be doing donuts in in someones parking lot but no excuse for being shot. I agree when all the facts come out that he more than likely provoked the shooting. If he fought with security and pointed the gun he indeed put himself in danger of being shot.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Well in addition to the donuts from the story it looks like he parked in a "No Parking" zone. I am not up on the laws up there, but I kind of doubt a parking violation is justification for lethal force.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    You betcha...
    Sounds like the makings of a murder investigation/charge to me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Meaning no consolation to Morin family relative as a cousin by relation, Ms. Roberts [singular], and the children of Mr. Morin possessive who all have now endured loss.- Janq
    That's better. I'm getting it now.
    Thanks all.
    It just caught me as a peculiar circumstance.
    This is the law;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links