No charges

This is a discussion on No charges within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No charges against trucker who shot would-be thief in W. Knox County / Knoxville, Tennessee - Breaking News, News, Weather, Sports and Traffic from VolunteerTV.com. ...

Thread: No charges

VIP Member

No charges

No charges against trucker who shot would-be thief in W. Knox County / Knoxville, Tennessee - Breaking News, News, Weather, Sports and Traffic from VolunteerTV.com.

No charges against trucker who shot would-be thief in W. Knox County

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The Knox County District Attorney's Office says no charges should be filed against the man who shot and killed an apparent would-be thief trying to break into a parked tractor trailer rig on Lexington Drive off Lovell Road in West Knox County on March 11, according to the Knox County Sheriff's Office.

A KCSO release states that, based on the DA's recommendation, the sheriff's office will not charge Richard Vance Allen, 68, or North Carolina with shooting and killing James Edward Hodges, Jr., 34, of Loudon.

Allen told officers that Hodges tried to break into his truck multiple times over a 45 minute period.

According to the police report, Allen says Hodges knocked on the trucks door, and later came back and broke the window by throwing a large rock through the glass. Allen shot Hodges in the chest as he tried to climb into the truck through the broken window.

Hodges was shot hit in the chest and died at the scene.

Hodges carried the gun used in the shooting for protection, and, according to the Knoxville News Sentinel, did not have a permit to carry the weapon.

However, the paper reports that no charges are expected to be filed against the trucker for carrying the weapon.

Deputies say a woman related to Hodges drove him to the scene. She told deputies that he was planning on breaking into the rig.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

-1 BG

I love a happy ending!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Two truckers from my area have been shot and killed, one very recently and one about a year and a half ago. They should be allow to carry while in their rigs as it is their castle when they are out of town.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Nothing better than a successful 'lead' thief!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Good deal.
    I used to drive the big truck and back then I had a big hammer + knife in the cab. All types used to come banging on Your truck door.

I used to run alot in The Bronx and Philly. You had to be aware of what was going on around You.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    They should be allow to carry while in their rigs as it is their castle when they are out of town.

I agree. They sleep in , and drive through dangerous places. If a guy is trustworthy enough to zoom around the country with hazardous cargo, he ought to be ok to carry a gun in his truck as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    I agree. They sleep in , and drive through dangerous places. If a guy is trustworthy enough to zoom around the country with hazardous cargo, he ought to be ok to carry a gun in his truck as well.
    I agree with this also.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    How about charges for the accomplis that drove him to the truck stop? She said she knew the guy intended on breaking into rigs?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Links