Home Invasions in Tucson

Home Invasions in Tucson

This is a discussion on Home Invasions in Tucson within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Depressing NY Times story about the increase of violence in my hometown... why I carry daily in Tucson (I carry when I can in Michigan, ...

Thread: Home Invasions in Tucson

Home Invasions in Tucson

Depressing NY Times story about the increase of violence in my hometown... why I carry daily in Tucson (I carry when I can in Michigan, but that's not often, since I'm on campus 7 days a week).

200 home invasions last year in Tucson. That's about four every week for a city of under a million. What a mess.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Who's doing them and why ?

Another great reason to stay armed at all times. Situation like that is dreaded. would turn into a bloody gun battle in your own home. Hopefully i can get on the Border Patrol next year to fight these ********.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Who's doing them and why ?
    Drugs...illegals...drugs...gangs...drugs

We need far more border enforcement. We seize millions of dollars worth of marijuana, methamphetimines, cocaine... And still tons get through.

My wife no longer even seems to notice that my Kimber watches TV with us. If my SD weapon is not IWB, then it is only a reach away. One just never knows...

Stay armed...even at home...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I have an aunt and uncle who live there. I hope they are careful.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    I have an aunt and uncle who live there. I hope they are careful.
    While of course home invasions can happen any place, anytime, and they do, most of the home invasions in the Tucson area occur in specific parts of town.

Round'em up...Ship'em home.

B52
    The illegals' are really hurting Arizona, please everyone contact your politicians and demand they help us.

And a little over 100 miles to the north, Phoenix is now second only to Mexico City in the rate of kidnapings in N. America.

Slightly over half the population of Arizona lives in Maricopa County (of which Phoenix is the "epicenter"). Home invasions are pretty common, as are shootouts between drug and human smugglers.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Drugs...illegals...drugs...gangs...drugs

We need far more border enforcement. We seize millions of dollars worth of marijuana, methamphetimines, cocaine... And still tons get through.
    We also need to do something to reduce the demand for drugs on our side of the border.

Boy, what's it going to come to? 10' iron fences and concertina wire everywhere?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

I just moved away from Tucson after living there for three years. I really liked it, even lived in a pretty crummy area and never had a problem.

I think that a lot of these occurrences are drug and gang related.. As someone already stated, they are pretty much localized in certain areas.

However, I have also heard that Tucson is on of the top car theft cities. Found this out while insuring my car, it put a big smile on my face!

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    We also need to do something to reduce the demand for drugs on our side of the border.
    Yes, only a Libertarian would say this, but....since we will always have the local demand (didn't Prohibition teach us anything ?), why don't we just set up State run stores and TAX the crap out of it ? If locals can buy legally and locally the smuggling would dry up. But that solution is just too easy for any politician to grasp.

In the meantime, ARM YOURSELF because the problems of the Mex-southern states are ALREADY in over 200 cities spanning the nation.

I hear Obama is going to visit Mexico next week. Maybe he will make good on that Spanish Campaign Commercial and just OPEN THE BORDER.

Sponsored Links