Estranged Husband Shot By Wife's Boyfriend

This is a discussion on Estranged Husband Shot By Wife's Boyfriend within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Drama and violence. Good job on the BF not becoming a victim. Deputy: Estranged Husband Shot By Wife's Boyfriend - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT ...

Thread: Estranged Husband Shot By Wife's Boyfriend

Estranged Husband Shot By Wife's Boyfriend

Drama and violence. Good job on the BF not becoming a victim.

Deputy: Estranged Husband Shot By Wife's Boyfriend - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- St. Johns County deputies said a man who burst into his estranged wife's bedroom with a gun early Monday morning was shot by the woman's boyfriend.A man who deputies say was shot when he burst into his estranged wife's bedroom was transported to Shands-Jacksonville Medical Center.

Sheriff's office spokesman Kevin Kelshaw said the couple had been separated for a year when 24-year-old Robert Birch went at about 6 a.m. to the wife's house in the 6900 block of state Road 16A in St. Johns County.

"A man came to residents and kicked open the door and confronted his wife with a gun," Kelshaw said.

Police said Birch then went to the bedroom, where he found his estranged wife's boyfriend. They said the boyfriend heard the commotion in the front of the house and had pulled out a gun.

"He pointed the gun at the boyfriend. The boyfriend apparently was also armed and fired at least a couple of shots at the husband, striking him one time in the upper shoulder area," Kelshaw said.

The husband was taken to Shands-Jacksonville Medical Center. His injuries were not be life threatening.

The incident remains under investigation. No charges have been filed.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I'd love to call the estranged husband up in the hospital and just laugh at him over the phone. Unless there is more to the story, I say, "what an idiot."
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I don't think the wife's 'ex' will be accepting phone calls for a long time. You'll probably be able to get a note to him through Bubba...

This guy is lucky to be alive, but after the trial will probably wish he wasn't...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Someone get some money to the BF to get him some more range time!

I wonder how long it will be before he gets out of jail and tries again.

Yup now he knows BF is armed he may just ambush them next time when he follows them out in public and parks close by their vehicle etc.,This would be a huge worry for a CHL holder or anybody else in a SD shooting.BG gets shot and lives to seek his revenge,or you kill a gangbanger and his homies target you or your family
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before he gets out of jail and tries again.
    Oh its ok, I'm sure that she'll just get a restraining order against him. That'll stop him for sure!

The state of our "justice" system is pretty poor, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Oh its ok, I'm sure that she'll just get a restraining order against him. That'll stop him for sure!

The state of our "justice" system is pretty poor, indeed.
    Agreed. It probably would have been safer in the long run for both home dwellers if the intruder had died of his injuries.

I say he'll try again.

VIP Member
    It's too bad that our justice systems penaltys aren't more harsh. Perhaps harsher penalties would prevent or deter mor BGs from commiting crime.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

IMO the BF and wife were extraordinarily lucky. Most situations like this end up bad for them. As a young man, I admit, I enjoyed "the chase", but I made it a point to avoid married women. Especially those who were "seperated" from their husband. Because, even though a husband may hate his wife, be seperated from her and can't wait to get a divorce, that doesn't mean he' s ready to let just anybody "hunt" on what HE still considers, "posted land". (I apologize for the poor analogy, but it was the best one I could come up with.)
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

When it gets to this point, color me gone.

Too much baggage for me.

Links