Two years -- DARFC

This is a discussion on Two years -- DARFC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Maybe it was access to a SUV. Man will spend 2 years in prison for running over woman in parking lot - Roanoke.com Man will ...

Thread: Two years -- DARFC

VIP Member

Thumbs down Two years -- DARFC

Maybe it was access to a SUV.

Man will spend 2 years in prison for running over woman in parking lot - Roanoke.com

Man will spend 2 years in prison for running over woman in parking lot
    By Laurence Hammack

A Roanoke man who twice drove over a woman in the parking lot of a Brambleton Avenue bar as he sped from the scene of a fight was sentenced today to spend two years in prison.

Michael Scott Gusler received the punishment from Roanoke County Circuit Court James Swanson, who levied a sentence of eight years, suspended after Gusler serves two.

At an earlier hearing, Swanson convicted Gusler of assault and felony hit-and-run for his role in an altercation at The Cellar that left Daryn Beck seriously injured. Swanson also took under advisement a charge of malicious wounding, which he reduced today to a charge of unlawful wounding.

Guslerís SUV backed over the 32-year-old woman in the barís parking lot the night of Nov. 2, 2007, then ran over her a second time as he fled a chaotic and alcohol-induced dispute that involved about a half-dozen people, according to earlier testimony.

Beck suffered a dislocated hip, several broken ribs, a fractured knee and wrist, wounds across her back, a torn liver, a bruised lung, a torn esophagus and cuts across her head.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Only two years?!?!?! Would he have recieved a harder sentance if she had died? Sounds like this judge is too leinient. Perhaps if our judicial system handed down REAL sentances and not just slaps on the wrist, there would be less career BGs. And less BGs on the streets.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Perhaps if our judicial system handed down REAL sentances and not just slaps on the wrist, there would be less career BGs. And less BGs on the streets.
    IMO, this is exactly why we need more qualified and proficient CCW license holders. To, make court appearances unnecessary.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

DARFC?

I know Daryn Taylor Beck and she has quite a reputation in Roanoke. The judge was lenient on the defendent because Daryn it is well-known that she is a loud-mouth, vulger, and has a bad attitude. She's also referred to by many women in Roanoke as the "town whore of Southwest Virginia".

Do a google search on her to see her latest mugshots from two arrests this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    DARFC?
    "Ducks and Runs for Cover" I had to look it up.

Two years? Seriously? The only way I'd be happy with two years for him is after he was run over in the same manor. That plus the two years seems fair.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The judge was lenient on the defendent because Daryn it is well-known that she is a loud-mouth, vulger, and has a bad attitude. She's also referred to by many women in Roanoke as the "town whore of Southwest Virginia".
    Are you saying the drunk scumbag was justified in running over the woman?

The scumbag didn't know she was "vulgar" and had a "bad attitude" when he ran her down and backed over her. Don't recall such wording being worked into assault laws either. And it's definitely not in NC law as a justification for lethal force.

Links