Burger King Robber Killed By CWP Citizen In Miami (merged)

This is a discussion on Burger King Robber Killed By CWP Citizen In Miami (merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope the customer pulls through. This was in the Miami Herald today. 1 dead, one injured in Miami Burger King shooting By ROBERT SAMUELS ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Burger King Robber Killed By CWP Citizen In Miami (merged)

Burger King Robber Killed By CWP Citizen In Miami (merged)

I hope the customer pulls through.

This was in the Miami Herald today.

1 dead, one injured in Miami Burger King shooting
    By ROBERT SAMUELS AND JENNIFER LEBOVICH
    jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com

One man was killed and another seriously wounded in a shootout inside a Miami Burger King on Tuesday, officials said.

Police said a man wearing a ski mask walked into the store at Biscayne Boulevard and 54th Street and demanded money from a clerk.

A customer, who has a concealed weapons permit, pulled a gun, said Officer Jeff Giordano, a Miami police spokesman.

The customer and robber exchanged fire.

The robber was shot dead at the scene.

The customer, who had several gunshot wounds, was taken to Ryder Trauma Center in serious but stable condition, said Lt. Ignatius Carroll, a Miami Fire Rescue spokesman.

At about 4 p.m., officials got several 911 calls reporting people shot inside the Burger King.

2. Remove Ads

Obviously, this dirtbag had a weapon and was very willing to use it. He could have done so at any time during or after the robbery.
    This armed citizen did us all a favor...one less dirtbag in Miami.

I hope the armed citizen heals quickly.
    Should he have fired? This has to be one of those 'you had to be there' moments.

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I wonder if the citizen used verbal commands before firing? This seems a good example to not give the BG a heads up. Don't know how that would affect you legally however.
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

VIP Member
    From the local CBS station

Miami Police say a good samaritan confronted a robber who eventually died from gunshot wounds. Police say the good samaritan was shot at a Burger King restaurant and was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital Tuesday afternoon.

Police and fire rescue responded to a shooting call at the restaurant located at 54th Street and Biscayne Blvd. When they got there they found a man injured and transported him to Jackson Memorial Hospital. Fire rescue officials say the robber was dead on the scene.

Crime scene investigators have closed off the restaurant. No other victims have been reported at this time.
    And local ABC
    Police: Customer Shoots, Kills Burger King Robber
    Good Samaritan With Gun Taken To Hospital

POSTED: Tuesday, March 24, 2009
    UPDATED: 6:53 pm EDT March 24, 2009
    MIAMI -- Police said a Good Samaritan was wounded when he exchanged gunfire with an armed man who was trying to rob a Miami Burger King on Tuesday afternoon.

According to Miami police, a gunman wearing a ski mask entered the Burger King at Northeast 54th Street and Biscayne Boulevard at about 4 p.m. and tried to rob it.

Jeff Giordano of the Miami Police Department said a Good Samaritan with a concealed weapons permit confronted the robber. They exchanged gunfire, and the robber was killed, police said.

The customer who opened fire was shot several times. He was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital in critical but stable condition.

Police said there might have been a getaway car for the robber, but they do not have a description of the vehicle.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I wonder if store video will surface of this exchange?

I hope the customer pulls through and I agree, he did the rest of us a favor.

Deep thoughts by Jack Handy: Maybe they should think about banning ski masks in Miami? Do they even sell ski masks in Florida? Maybe interstate commerce should be able to regulate the importation of ski masks to Florida?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Maybe interstate commerce should be able to regulate the importation of ski masks to Florida
    Maybe just a 7 day cooling off period before purchase or putting serial numbers so we can trace the sale to the correct walmart.

Great to see a fellow CCW holder stand up to evil! Our prayers will be with him for a full and speedy recovery. We need more of us on the streets that are licensed and trained.
    No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Ronald Reagan

IMHO, this brave customer deserves the prayers of all who carry. He stepped up and is now paying the price. I guess, whether or not he took too big of a chance, remains to be seen and will probably be the subject of much second- guessing. It would be interesting to find out the exact circumstances of the incident. However, whatever the circumstances are, I'm sure he did what he thought was the right thing to do at the time and for having the courage to do that, he has my respect.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

Yeah for the good guy!!

And yeah, that there is one less BG!!!
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

VIP Member
    This story has to be fake. CBS, ABC nor the Miami Herald called the robber the victim!

Hope the customer recovers quickly.

VIP Member
    My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery. Way to go, get those BGs one at a time. (or in mass)
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

This is one of those situations where you have to run what would I have done thru your head,If the guy pulled and ordered the BG to drop his gun then the BG apparently thought he could possibly outshoot him etc.,we have heard many people on here claim I ain't a cop if I draw I'm in danger protecting my life,and I'm not ordering an armed guy to do anything my intent is to stop the threat period
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This is an example of what can happen to any one of us , he did a brave thing and I hope he recovers soon
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Prayers sent for the brave permit holder. The perp is finally where he belongs.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Don't know the particulars...but since we are speculating and it is good discussion...like the scenario with a BG attempting to hijack a car and already has the gun pointed...would it have been better to let the robbery happen and if and only if, shooting started...to shoot back...preferably behind some cover? Bullets flying everywhere, others ducking for sure...and the GG getting hit multiple times. What if...a child (Burger King after all) got hit...would that change the hero worshipping or, worse, condemnation from the media and public? We laud him and I truly hope he recovers...but much food for thought in his actions.

Rick

A Tuesday afternoon, 4 p.m., trying to get something to eat at Burger King... any place, any time.

The good citizen may have saved many lives, not only at the Burger King today but also the perp's future victims. I doubt the masked man planned on retiring after a big haul at Burger King.

Best wishes for the citizen's full recovery.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links