You're eating in a restaurant, and BANG!

This is a discussion on You're eating in a restaurant, and BANG! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Modern day handguns don't go off when they are bumped...or dropped. They guy pulled the trigger. Can anyone name a hand gun they think will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You're eating in a restaurant, and BANG!

TAC
    Modern day handguns don't go off when they are bumped...or dropped. They guy pulled the trigger.

Can anyone name a hand gun they think will discharge when bumped?

2. Remove Ads

I don't suppose anyone knows make/model of said "bumped" gun...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I have a headline floating in my mind.......
    "Robbery averted when gunman shoots accomplice"
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

They did

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    I wish that the story would say 'Man discharges weapon accidentally", all of these types of stories make it sound like guns just "go off" by themselves. +1 on all the previous posts.
    Here is an excerpt from the article:

"A man displaying a gun in a restaurant accidentally fired it early Saturday morning, killing an acquaintance who was there with him, according to Phoenix police."
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    I wish that the story would say 'Man discharges weapon accidentally", all of these types of stories make it sound like guns just "go off" by themselves. +1 on all the previous posts.
    this is no accidental discharge, this is pure negligence

i dont care what gun it is, whether it was one of those defective rugers or a random pistol with the lightest trigger pull on the planet, a gun wont go off from the person being bumped unless that said person has their stupid finger on the fraggin trigger.... idiot

and +1 on the point of WTH was the gun doing unholstered in public when not in a self-defense scenario

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Anyone wanna bet that this is yet another case of dropping the mag, thinking the gun is now safe, pointing it at your friend and pulling the trigger.

Accident? More like stupidity.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Either finger in the trigger guard cuz he wuz pretendin' to be Fiddy Cent whappin his gat at da crackas or it got dropped. My guess is it was some idiot who doesn't know or respect firearms but like to wave his piece around, finger in the trigger guard (as always).

Velibor Milic
    Balkan emigree- wonder what his citizenship status is?

19 y/o- illegal possession.

As above, withother males in the 18-25 y/o demog at 0200 in Phoenix, AZ- pretty much constitutes "intent" without any other factors.

I was showing a gun at a gun show to a guy who was interested in buying. I took it from the box checked to see if it was cleared ( I checked even before I left the house and put it in it's box), all good. So I handed it to the guy he, was looking it over. He called over a friend. The guy walks over, is handed my gun (kinda upset me as I ment to only have him look) and the first thing the guy did was PULL THE TRIGGER...It PISSED me right off. I demanded my gun back, and told them the sale was off. They were shocked, I explained what I just witnessed and said that their complacency in the rules of safety is an accident waiting to happen.

They had a few choice words for me...( probably because I embarrassed them/hurt pride). I didn't care...the lack of wisdom and responsibility I saw.... there was NOWAY I was going to sell to them.

This story brought up the memory. Guy probably ASSUMED it was unloaded and pull the trigger and here we are.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Ok. I'm still WAY new to all of this (shot a handgun for the first time this past Saturday, in fact!) but I'm baffled. Any moron knows you always treat any gun as loaded. Period. Now, my instructors this weekend showed me how to clear a gun, and also taught me that when you're with someone else, like at target practice or a gun store, you CHECK WITH A BUDDY to verify it's cleared.

I'm no engineer, but I'm pretty sure that if a gun goes off by itself, it's because something or someONE was pulling the trigger. Doesn't seem to me that there's any other way for that to happen. So WTH was his finger doing on the trigger in the first place? I thought one of the Cardinal Rules was that you NEVER put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to take the shot and destroy whatever's in front of you, right?

This guy's an idiot. So is the guy who was trying to buy Frogbones' gun. Sounds like they must all be related to the guy who pulled a BB gun on the cop in that other thread.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Anyone wanna bet that this is yet another case of dropping the mag, thinking the gun is now safe, pointing it at your friend and pulling the trigger.

Accident? More like stupidity.
    Sounds about right.

I don't know many people willing to own up to their stupidity, particularly when a weapon discharge is involved.

There was a news story about a police chief who got rid of all the Glocks in his department because he managed to blow his finger off while grabbing his pistol off his desk. He demonstrated for the camera crew exactly how he did it and it was immediately obvious how the gun "accidentally" went off: he stuck the thumb of one hand in the trigger housing and had the now-former finger of the other hand covering the end of the barrel.

"Only police and military should have guns."
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Not an accident...this guy deserves jail time for several reasons...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Luckily this guy will lose his right to legally carry. I wonder whether he will follow it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links