Sooo...a Bobcat walks into a bar...........

This is a discussion on Sooo...a Bobcat walks into a bar........... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think this latest news story furthers my thoughts on "Be ready for anything...anywhere." COTTONWOOD, Ariz. - A bobcat attacked three people in a community ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sooo...a Bobcat walks into a bar...........

Sooo...a Bobcat walks into a bar...........

I think this latest news story furthers my thoughts on "Be ready for anything...anywhere."

COTTONWOOD, Ariz. - A bobcat attacked three people in a community in central Arizona, including two men who were bitten when the animal wandered inside a bar.

Officers called to the Chapparal Bar in Cottonwood arrived to find the bobcat in the parking lot, where they shot and killed it, KVRD-FM radio reported.

tests were ordered to determine if the animal was rabid. It wasn't clear how seriously the victims had been injured.

Cottonwood police say the animal attacked Monday when it scratched a woman who thought she had hit it with her car. Then police got a report of a bobcat acting aggressively toward a woman outside a Pizza Hut.

Later came the call from the bar that a bobcat was inside as patrons climbed atop bar stools to get away.

............'cause ya just never know.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rmxer85 View Post
    I think this latest news story furthers my thoughts on "Be ready for anything...anywhere."

COTTONWOOD, Ariz. - A bobcat attacked three people in a community in central Arizona, including two men who were bitten when the animal wandered inside a bar.

Officers called to the Chapparal Bar in Cottonwood arrived to find the bobcat in the parking lot, where they shot and killed it, KVRD-FM radio reported.

tests were ordered to determine if the animal was rabid. It wasn't clear how seriously the victims had been injured.

Cottonwood police say the animal attacked Monday when it scratched a woman who thought she had hit it with her car. Then police got a report of a bobcat acting aggressively toward a woman outside a Pizza Hut.

Later came the call from the bar that a bobcat was inside as patrons climbed atop bar stools to get away.

too bad you can't carry in a bar...
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

should have beat it with a poolstick or something lol.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Just goes to show you never ever know where, what or when the threat will come from.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    too bad you can't carry in a bar...
    in PA you can.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Can't a poor kitty get a drink without someone objecting?

in PA you can.
    In Indiana you can also!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Even rabid wildcats know the patrons in a bar MUST be unarmed.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Lead Moderator
    Just when you think you've seen it all!

Something similar happened in Southern Maryland about a year ago, but it was a (rabid) fox.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Heck, eve in N.Y. you can!... I think
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

The sheer brilliance of the human race never ceases to amaze... Yes, a large ticked off CAT that CLIMBS trees....Yes I think climbing on top of a stool is going to keep me safe ...ho hum...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

It's all part of the animal conspiracy to rid the human beings of the world.
    "Brains before Bullets"

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    It's all part of the animal conspiracy to rid the human beings of the world.
    And it's all lead by this one...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Another article

Rabid bobcat attacks 3 inside Arizona bar
    More Cottonwood and Phoenix Local News
    06:48 PM Mountain Standard Time on Thursday, March 26, 2009
    azfamily.com
    COTTONWOOD – A bobcat was on the loose inside an Arizona bar.
    The bobcat in the bar caused a panic Tuesday night in Cottonwood near Sedona. Three people were hurt and the bobcat was killed.
    Cottonwood Police were called out to three different scenes Tuesday night all within an hour and a mile of each other. Everyone was complaining of an aggressive bobcat that attacked three people. 3TV has learned the bobcat was rabid.

One patron tells 3TV, “I was sitting in the back and watched the bobcat run in.” That bobcat caught patrons off guard, causing some to jump on pool tables and grab pool sticks before pulling their cell phone cameras out for pictures. Another patron explains, “My friend got down with his camera phone and the cat jumped up and hit him in the face.”

Kyle Hicks is now undergoing treatment for rabies. He tells 3TV the bobcat, “Scratched up my face and pretty good the back of my ears.”
    Another patron had his leg scratched by the sick wild animal while trying to get out of its way.

Cottonwood Police later shot the bobcat three times and killed it. The animal was then sent to Phoenix for rabies testing.
    Randy Babb, with Arizona Fish and Game explains, “A normal healthy wild animal doesn't want anything to do with human beings.”
    The fact this one did just that on three different occasions Tuesday night led everyone to believe it was rabid and now test results confirm just that.

Elisabeth Lawaczeck, with the Arizona Department of Health Services admits, “We don't know yet what kind of rabies the bobcat was infected with.” Health officials think it may be the fox strain and, according to Lawaczeck, “That means we'll probably see more cases.”

Already there are 66 documented rabies cases in Arizona so the public is being warned to get their animals vaccinated and avoid and report any wild animals acting strangely.

Lawaczeck warns, “Right now Mt. Eledon area of Flagstaff is a concern, the trails around Granite Mountain are a concern and Sedona is always a concern for rabies in fox and bobcat.”

Again, healthy wild animals typically do not approach people but if they do then you should call law enforcement or animal control.
    The best advice is to keep your family pets vaccinated.

I just saw something on tv about some guy being attacked by a bobcat .I wonder if this was the same one .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links